Wanted: A PPC Activation Superhero to work in our fast growing Marketing Consultancy business in Cheshire. Global and Local clients.
A wealth of smart people to learn from. More senior and strategic conversations to be part of.
Want a change from Agency life? Read on!
We are Project50. We are NOT an agency…
We are a consultancy, which means we work on behalf of our clients. We find the problem that needs addressing in the first place and then solve it. We write the right brief for activation. We’re a senior team and are looking for people to come in that we can share our knowledge with, and listen to theirs. We don’t have any hard and fast rules on how senior you need to be…
We’re a growing business. We have a diverse client base from the world of travel, financial services, private equity, health, ad tech, and more. Our clients are geographically diverse across Europe, the US, and the UK. We’re a mix of ex-agency and ex-clients professionals who believe in doing things differently. We want diverse thinking and backgrounds to join our squad.
We believe in hybrid working. That means we balance spending time between our office in Alderley Edge, our homes, and our clients (both home and abroad). We come together to collaborate. We encourage our team to be productive from elsewhere. We believe in mutual trust and mutual respect.
Experience must-haves (in order of priority)
- Deep experience using paid search platforms, with particular specialist knowledge of Google Ads, SA360, and a good working knowledge of Analytics. We’re looking for recent knowledge given the fast-paced change to Google over the last few years.
- Ability to translate a business’ objectives and audience focus into a coherent activation strategy, understanding the translation required from ‘customer profiles’ to addressable audiences online. Curiosity to use smart and creative ways to forecast demand, using Google and other tools to build a picture of priority areas for investment.
- An ability to design, implement, and analyse hypothesis-led tests covering campaign structure, keyword options, bidding strategies, and ad copy. Matched by the ability to talk through what did and didn’t work.
- An understanding of the different commercial outcomes and associated bid strategies that can be applied to activity, selecting the relevant metric per client/challenge, and an ability to track, measure and feedback progress on this that a ‘non-technical professional’ can understand. We need you to take non-digitally savvy clients on the journey with you.
- An ability to analyse, write, and optimise good ad copy. Yes, it matters!!
- Some level of experience working within Google Data Studio for client reporting
- Ability to think in terms of the customer journey end-to-end to influence how a media strategy should be built. There are offsite and onsite considerations to be worked through in partnership with our team.
Desirable (extra points, but not essential)
- Experience of having worked across other bid technologies such as paid social (activation B2B and/or B2C), experience of the basics of SEO, or experience of managing programmatic campaigns.
- An understanding of social listening tools and contextual targeting tools to help support in building activation plans (using Boolean logic to filter tools is a skill in itself…!)
- Experience in troubleshooting across tag management, tracking and analytics goal set-up (we get asked this by our clients a lot…)
- Experience writing/implementing scripts
We expect you to develop this in role (if you don’t already have this superpower)
- A better sense of what a business’ commercial objectives are, and how they pass through into a wider strategy (from our founders)
- A greater knowledge of adtech, programming and measurement (from on resident, inhouse expert!)
- An improved sense of overall digital strategy and storytelling (from another resident, inhouse expert!)
- Professional qualifications
- Google certification (Google Ads, Google Analytics etc)
- At least 3+ years activating campaigns (and no upper limit!)
- Further education qualifications (degree or NVQ, we don’t mind)
Behavioural traits (our DNA, which we look for in others)
- Self-starting. Own it.
- Pragmatism beats process.
- Curiosity to solve the bigger question…
- Listen first, act second
- …And don’t lose focus
- Able to influence at all levels
- Clear, concise, correct comms - it’s a narrative
- What’s right not who’s right
- Builder of ideas - never say ‘but’
- Give your client the truth in a way to help them look like a rock star
To apply, email either Joanna firstname.lastname@example.org or James: email@example.com
NO AGENCIES - thank you