Greater Manchester Police recognised by PR awards
The Greater Manchester Police communications team was recognised in the CIPR North West public relations awards last night.
They were given the CIPR Pride Special Recognition Award due to their “exceptional service in public relations” following the Manchester attack.
"The resilience, empathy and professionalism shown by the Greater Manchester Police Communications Team during the initial aftermath and weeks that followed the Manchester attack were more than anyone working in public relations, or the wider creative sector, can imagine having to display,” said Hayley James, Chair CIPR North West.
“The Special Recognition Award is about outstanding practice in public relations and the team from GMP were truly exceptional in that regard. The support they gave the families of the victims, their officers and partner organisations was truly outstanding. Congratulations to the team, and indeed to all our finalists and winners this year - our local PR industry is clearly thriving and these awards reflect the quality of the people in our region."
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations named Smoking Gun PR “Outstanding PR Consultancy of the Year”. The agency also won Best Use of Photography or Design.
Weber Shandwick won golds for Best Use of Digital, Best Use of Social Media and Best Event.
Refresh picked up Corporate and Business Communications Campaign and was also named Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy.
The full list of Gold Winners from the 2017 North West PRide Awards is:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Refresh PR and STM Photography, The Food Porn Awards – The Next Course
- Internal Communications Campaign - Enthuse Communications and Kelloggs, KASPER
- Consumer Relations Campaign - N Brown Group (Jacamo), Real Man Runway
- Public Sector Campaign - Peppermint Soda, Let's Adopt - Give Us A Voice
- Community Relations Campaign - Catapult PR, Champion for a Day
- Not-for-Profit Campaign - Purple Riot, The Empty Shop at Manchester Arndale
- Healthcare Campaign - NHS Merseyside, #JabDone
- Integrated Campaign - Skout PR, Procurement 2020
- Low Budget Campaign - PR Hunter, CMT Awareness Month 2016 - Know it All
- STEM Campaign - The University of Manchester, Manchester – European City of Science 2016
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Fido PR, Creating a Splash for Victoria Baths
- Education Communications Campaign - Petal & Co. and Tunafish, University of Salford - match made in Salford
- Best Use of Media Relations - Rule 5 and Blackpool Pleasure Beach, An Icon Is Born
- Best Use of Digital - Weber Shandwick, Thrills on Film for Ferrari Land
- Best Use of Social Media - Weber Shandwick, #LoveCarex: Getting Millennials to Fall For Hand Wash
- Best Use of Photography or Design - Smoking Gun PR, Oven Pride - Hot Cross Trump
- Best Publication - Intelligent Conversation and Manchester Metropolitan University, Met Magazine: A masterclass in brand journalism
- Best Event - Weber Shandwick, Starting up the Engines for Ferrari Land
- Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management - Outwrite PR, Correcting perceptions in search results and the public
- Outstanding Independent Practitioner - Jane Hunt MCIPR, Catapult PR
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - M&S Bank
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Refresh PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Smoking Gun PR