Delighted to announce our commentary team for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.— Test Match Special (@bbctms) May 20, 2019
48 matches across 7 weeks at 11 venues.
We’ll have commentary on EVERY ball of EVERY game.
Plus in-play highlights via @BBCSport website & app & daily podcasts. #BBCCricket #CWC19 #standby pic.twitter.com/thM81RuUlq
Cook and Anderson spearhead BBC TMS team for World Cup
England’s leading Test run scorer, Sir Alastair Cook, and leading Test and one-day wicket taker, Jimmy Anderson, will be part of the BBC’s commentary team for the ICC Cricket World Cup this summer.
The duo will join regulars Jonathan Agnew, Michael Vaughan, Simon Mann, Alison Mitchell and Phil Tufnell on Test Match Special.TMS will broadcast live ball-by-ball commentary of the tournament on BBC Radio 5 live Sports Extra, Radio 4 Long Wave and the BBC Sport website from 30th May to 14th July.
The competition is the biggest global sporting event in the UK this year.
England assistant coach Paul Fabrace, West Indian legend Sir Curtly Ambrose, former South African captain Graeme Smith, former New Zealand captain Jeremy Coney, former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja and Australians Mel Jones, Jason Gillespie and Stuart Law will also feature for the BBC.
Full TMS commentary team for the World Cup:
- Jonathan Agnew – Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- Michael Vaughan – Former England captain and TMS regular
- Simon Mann – TMS regular
- Sir Alastair Cook – Former England captain, leading Test run scorer in England’s history.
- Alison Mitchell – TMS regular
- Sir Curtly Ambrose – Former West Indian cricketer
- Natalie Germanos – South African commentator
- Phil Tufnell – Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- Charles Dagnall – former professional cricketer and TMS regular
- Ebony Rainford-Brent - Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- Fazeer Mohammed – West Indian commentator and journalist
- Graeme Swann - Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- James Anderson – Current England cricketer and TMS regular
- Jim Maxwell – Australian commentator
- Prakash Wakankar – Indian commentator
- Jeremy Coney – Former New Zealand captain
- Isa Guha - Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- Alec Stewart – Former England cricket and Director of Cricket at Surrey County Cricket Club
- Dan Norcross – TMS regular
- Pommie Mbangwa – Former Zimbabwean cricketer
- Paul Farbrace – England cricket assistant coach
- Graeme Smith – Former South African captain
- Bryan Waddle – New Zealand commentator
- Ramiz Raja – Former Pakistan captain
- Vic Marks – Former England cricketer and TMS regular
- Tymal Mills – current England cricketer
- Mel Jones – Former Australian cricketer
- Kevin Howells – English cricket commentator
- Jason Gillespie – Former Australian cricketer and coach at Sussex County Cricket Club
- Stuart Law – Former Australian cricketer and coach of Middlesex County Cricket Club
- Scott Read – English cricket commentator
- Athar Ali Khan – Former Bangladesh cricketer
- Geoff Lemon – Cricket commentator
- Niall O'Brien – Current Ireland cricketer, holder of ICC World Cup record for fastest ODI century