We have exciting plans for the development of our online retailing capability. Following the continued growth of the Lakeland websites, we are now seeking someone who can work as part of the Web Team to support the day to day development needs of the online shop to enable continued improvements to our customer experience and to assist with the introduction of further functionality to our website and digital marketing
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Being an expert user of all website management tools, and experience of working with web CMS platforms
• Working with the Web Development Producer on new development projects from specification stages through to deployment
• Capturing and documenting business requirements from key stakeholders across the business
• Working with key stakeholders across the business to assess the impact of web initiatives on the rest of the business
• Testing of solutions, fixes, releases, etc.
Prior experience of working in a similar role is necessary. What is most important is that candidates possess a passion for the role and can clearly demonstrate they possess the abilities and competences necessary to be successful in it. It is likely that the successful candidate will have experience of developing and testing IT systems.
• Have experience of working in a similar role
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of project management disciplines for the delivery of business change
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to quickly become proficient in the use of the software packages Lakeland uses to manage its e-Commerce and digital marketing activity
• Be highly analytical and numerate, confident in the manipulation and analysis of data in order to inform decisions
• Be confident working independently and able to apply excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding around managing third parties, such as our IT partners, as much of the technical work necessary will be outsourced
• Have a high degree of self confidence and motivation at all times, with the ability to think on your feet, be assertive and ensure that the interests of the company always come first
• Have (or be able to build up) an extensive knowledge of Lakeland customers, our product range and their uses
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
The successful candidate will be part of Lakeland’s “Web Team” in the Marketing department. As such they may also be called upon to assist other members of the marketing team in their duties when necessary to assist in the completion of projects or the achievement of deadlines.
This role is full time (39 hours), salaried and based in Windermere with occasional travel to London required.