Technical SEO Lead
We’re looking for an accomplished Technical SEO Lead to join our growing SEO team.
This position is ideal for a self-motivated person looking to make a big impact in a fast-paced environment. Key to success in the role is taking on some of the optimisation duties for the platform as well as continuing the management of the tech work on all client projects. Knowledge around scaling and automation of tasks would be great.
As part of the technical team, your responsibilities will include working on a variety of eCommerce clients across the agency, boosting presence and expertise on accounts where required.
Progress is at the heart of what we do, so we ultimately need people who can organise projects, have a bias for action and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
If you’re excited by digital, relish the challenge that SEO presents, and aren’t afraid to try something new and different then this could be the role for you.
Sound good? Discover more and apply today...
What you’ll be doing:
This position will directly support the work of the Head of Department in addition to colleagues from the SEO Strategy team
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Lead technical work for high priority clients.
- Conduct comprehensive technical SEO audits, highlighting key opportunities and barriers to growth.
- Coordinate and oversee various types of migration and other site consolidation requirements.
- Monitor client sites for technical issues and work with appropriate personnel to apply fixes.
- Focus on improving efficiency and introducing automation where possible, without sacrificing quality.
- Work on continuous optimisation of the Visualsoft ecommerce platform.
- Manage small team of analysts and executives working on projects.
- Document best practice and team processes.
- Liaise with Head of Department and seniors in other teams to refine approach.
- Train and mentor the technical SEO team, support wider training initiatives across the business.
- Build solid relationships with clients at all levels.
- Contribute material to and participate in new business pitches.
- Track, report and provide detailed analysis on project activity to answer business objectives.
What we need to see:
The Visualsoft team is the perfect combination, if you ask us. Team members are talented, ambitious, motivated, expert and a whole lot of fun, and we want someone who can join the team and be part of our fantastic culture.
This role requires someone with good organisational and planning skills, as this is key to delivering a clear and effective SEO strategy. Experience within SEO and other marketing channels, and willingness to self learn is also key to developing.
Key competencies for the role also include:
- 2 years’ technical SEO agency experience
- Broad digital marketing knowledge with an in-depth understanding of search marketing and the factors that influence client websites, search profiles and performance
- Detailed understanding of technical SEO best practice including HTML meta tags, URL structure, schema.org markup for desktop and mobile search
- Current knowledge of all key industry news and algorithm changes
- Understanding of key technical SEO concepts (indexation, duplication, site architecture, page speed)
- Good grasp of wider SEO elements
- Thorough understanding of tools relevant to role: Searchmetrics, Ahrefs, Majestic, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager etc.
- Cross-discipline understanding. Awareness of how an individual specialism interacts with other channels; PPC,
- Superb analytical and organisational skills
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels.
What we’ve got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
+ Competitive basic salary+ Unlimited holiday+ Fully flexible working+ Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes+ Discounts across our brands+ Regular team social events+ Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Click the link below to add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.