Amaze is looking for a high calibre leader of an established technical team. The successful applicant will be ultimately responsible for delivering elegant, high quality technical solutions on time and within project budget across a number of different accounts.
The role requires a mixture of hands-on development and higher level technical project management in an approximately 50% dev to 50% management ratio, therefore in addition to proven management and delivery capabilities, the ideal candidate will have previous experience as a technical lead on complex projects. This will be a client-facing role working with senior business and technical stakeholders, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
Competencies and skills required:
– Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
– Demonstrate exceptional ability to scope and cost solutions in detail with accuracy and confidence
– Develop clear documentation for both a technical and non-technical audience
– Demonstrate expertise in defining and implementing best-practice software development techniques
– Manage technical workflow within an Agile development process
– Conduct code reviews
– Set and maintain technical standards
– Mentor and advance developers of varying abilities
– Quickly POC and on-board new technologies as business demands change
Specific technical skills required:
– Extensive knowledge and implementation experience of highly integrated, scalable & robust ASP.NET MVC web applications
– Extensive knowledge and implementation experience of working with major CMS products, preferably EPiServer
– Experience of working with GIT based version control systems.
– Experience of working on e-commerce solutions, EPiServer commerce experience advantageous
– Code delivery via continuous integration pipelines and through automated deployment tools, knowledge of Team City and Octopus deploy an advantage.
– Experience of cloud hosting advantageous, especially AWS
– Good knowledge and experience of unit test frameworks
– Effectively lead the team and inspire others across the business to achieve more through innovation, quality and excellence
– Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and have the confidence and strength of character to make changes if required
– Resource allocation
– Recruitment and HR duties
– Confidence to handle complex / sensitive issues
– Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate the team contribution
– Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for career development so that employee potential is pushed to the maximum