Social Media Executive
We have a superb opportunity for a Social Media Executive to join our friendly team here at MediaCityUK. Home to the likes of the BBC, ITV, Ericsson, dock10 and Kellogg’s, and complemented by more than 250 smaller media and digital businesses.
Peel Media strive to become a leading international hub for the creative and digital sectors within Manchester for people to work live and play.
MediaCityUK is seeking to appoint a creative social media executive. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong social media background to work at the forefront of one of the North’s most iconic locations. You will be experienced in digital marketing and well versed with all social media platforms and their functions.
We are looking for someone who can work with the team to support us in building an engaging community at MediaCityUK and beyond, who is experienced in writing and utilising the range of tools that are available through social media. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with masses of enthusiasm and creative ideas, to join us as MediaCityUK moves to the next exciting phase of its development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This individual will strategise the social media marketing campaigns whilst managing the day-to-day activities of all MediaCityUK social media platforms, promoting the vibrancy of the site, delivering key marketing messages and building our following through interesting and unique messages. Responsibilities include:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content & assets on social media, this includes images, videos, GIFs, stories, written copy etc.
- Create paid social media advertising, monitoring results & being responsible for achieving ROI targets.
- Keep the social media accounts varied and engaging for our followers, whilst delivering our key marketing messages in interesting and creative ways
- Support the events marketing on-site, including following upcoming events, creating imagery and video content suitable for social media
- Promote the vibrancy of site with regular updates of what’s on, supporting retailers, tenants and external clients
- Building brand identity and community engagement for all MediaCityUK social media platforms and accounts
- Up-to-date marketing messages for buildings on-site, supporting Asset Managers and/or external agents in ensuring our messages go out in a timely manor
- Post estate specific updates regarding works on-site
- Website management, uploading press stories, events and more to keep the site up-to-date
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. The candidate will be expected to utilise their own intuition, have their finger on the pulse of changes within the social media world, understanding the tools available and using when relevant.
- Content creation for event copy, regular newsletters and more.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proactive self-starter with a passion for digital marketing and community engagement
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Photography, filming and video editing skills
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible working is required so this individual must be available to work weekends and evenings when required
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving
- Competent to a high standard in office software and scheduling tools
- At least two years experience in digital marketing/social media, either in-house or agency
- Team working skills, ability to communicate, engage and work across departments and the wider stakeholder network
- Broad knowledge of the media landscape
- Knowledge of Brand awareness and Brand building
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU IN RETURN:
25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus scheme, Buy of Holiday allowance – up to 5 days buy in (SMART LEAVE), Peel Pension Plan – Peel currently makes a contribution of 3% which is matched by the employee at 3%,Healthcare Cash Plan – Our healthcare cash plan provides reimbursement towards your everyday healthcare costs such as dental & optical, Annual Health Screenings – We provide free annual health screening for employees with a health physiologist on site, Cycle to Work Scheme, Free refreshments including fruit, tea and coffee and a Festive bonus.
The closing date of this role will be Friday 8th March 2019 at 5.00pm, due to the high number of applications we receive we may close this role earlier than the above date.
For more information on this role and to apply please email the Careers Team at Peel today: email@example.com
Please note – if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
WE LOVE TO WORK WITH OUR PEOPLE, SO NO AGENCIES REQUIRED PLEASE.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.: