Ear to the Ground connects brands with sport & music fans. The agency is based on one ordering thought; fans and fans networks spread messages faster and more effectively than other disconnected consumer groups. Our planning and insight department FANatic helps us understand devotion, language and rituals so we can design campaigns that will connect with these highly lucrative networks. From designing new experiential assets to ground-breaking talent partnerships our account and production teams are driven by the idea that brands can always get more from their sport and music partnerships if they understand fans. 2016 represents a huge year of growth for the agency, building on a client roster that includes Nike, Manchester City, Samsung, RFU and UEFA. We are looking for brilliant people to join us and help make it happen.
Job Title: Senior Designer / Art Director
Department: Creative Services
Responsible to: Brand Experience Manager
Responsible for: Junior Designer & freelance designers
Make us, our work and our clients look brilliant, turning good work into great by ensuring everything that Ear to the Ground designs is of an outstanding standard
Main Responsibilities and Activities
• Manage and direct the conceptualisation and implementation of design solutions to meet creative briefs for both internal and external projects.
• Play the lead role on design projects and supervise intermediate and junior designer(s) in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
• Work closely with the Brand Experience Manager to ensure all design output aligns with our company proposition providing fan-focused design.
• Implement and manage an industry standard process for the Creative Services Department.
• Work with Brand Experience Manager to understand and refine creative briefs.
• Attend cross-departmental creative meetings providing design insight and inspiration for creative projects.
• Provide Art Direction on conceptual projects working with client feedback to produce onbrand and high standard design output.
• Brief intermediate and junior designers, providing direction and management where needed.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure our pitch documents are designed to a high standard.
• Ensure Ear to the Ground’s marketing collateral is consistency of a high standard and developed when needed.
• Work with the marketing department to create exciting and engaging marketing concepts to sell Ear to the Ground.
• Provide inspirational resources and prompts to creatively inspire the agency.
• Ensure the processes of the department are as efficient as they can be using knowledge of what works at other agencies.
• Oversee print processes working with junior designers to ensure the best quality print output
• Maintain and develop relationships with printers to ensure quality output at good prices.
• Maintain and develop relationships with freelance designers, visualisers, and other creative suppliers.
• 5 years experience in a creative agency
• At least 1 year experience managing intermediate and junior designers
• Art Direction experience and portfolio
• Portfolio of cross channels marketing campaigns worked on
• Excellent ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and other design mediums
• Expert technical skills on Adobe suite software
• Broad knowledge and ability to implement industry standard design department processes
• Experience creating new brands and brand guidelines
• Experience in both print and digital design. Experience on HTML a plus.
• Natural flare for creative communications and proven ability to develop design concepts
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work with critique and feedback
• Keen eye for detail
• Extensive knowledge of print processes
• Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly
• Existing relationships with printers, visualiser, designer and creative suppliers
• Up to date knowledge of industry trends
• Inspirational knowledge of art /culture / design / photography
• A keen interest in sports and / or music
5 days per week
With bonus OTE £40k+
Profit share scheme (reviewed annually)