The position of Sales Director is to play a fundamental role in the growth of Don’t Panic via new business wins and increased sponsorship revenue.
Reporting to the MD, the Sales Director is responsible for driving growth and increasing profitability across the Don’t Panic owned events and client events. In addition, to generate and convert a continuous stream of delivery-only new events for the business.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team to define and set the Sales Strategy for the business
- Growing sponsorship for existing events via own sales activity and team sales, working to pre-agreed targets
- Spotting opportunities for new events and new markets for sponsorship
- Supporting and leading a team of Sponsorship Sales Managers to enhance effectiveness and maximise sales across all events
- Attend events and other key digital marketing events to network, aid growth and maximise sales as well as promoting our owned awards
- Attend our events as and when appropriate
- Build relationships with key influencers and sponsors
- Provide industry expertise to help refine and develop our awards, influencing categories, sponsor packages and create and exploit new sponsor opportunities
- Assist with securing media partners, possible conference partners etc.
- Accountable for the over-arching performance of entries and ticket sales in the team
- New business development, targeting potential prospects, arranging and attending new business meetings, writing proposals, pitching and winning new business, performing to pre-agreed targets
- Providing visibility and pipeline on team performance and progress against targets across the sales team
- Being an active part of the Senior Leadership team, attending regular meetings, accountability to the SLT and producing board reports
- Work closely with the events team to maximise income generation
- Work closely with the marketing team to coordinate the sales and marketing activity
- Deliver high quality levels of customer service in keeping with the Don’t Panic brand, values and ethos
- Innovation across sponsorship
- University degree or relevant work experience
- 5+ years sales experience in an event or media sales environment
- Proven negotiating skills
- An understanding of the digital industry
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position, resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Ability to multi task across numerous complex projects with varied deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to take direction
- Proven ability to prepare accurate budgets and manage expenditure
- The ability to present and pitch for new business
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid business acumen, management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective time management skills
- Driving license and own car (mileage allowance is paid)
- Willing to travel, with flexibility around working hours
Do you have what it takes to join the fast-paced and energetic environment of the Don’t Panic team?
Want to apply? Send your CV to email@example.com, stating the role that you are interested in and why you would fit in with the Don’t Panic team.
No agencies, please!