PR & Media Manager
intu Trafford Centre are looking for a highly creative and ambitious individual to undertake the role of PR & Media Manager at intu Trafford Centre, one of Europe's leading retail and leisure destinations.
The aim of this role is to manage, implement and drive the centre PR strategy by using both online and offline PR initiatives to maintain and raise the profile of the centre both regionally and in line with the national brand strategy. Where possible drive visit frequency and dwell-time, as well as retailer sales and market share for the centre, whilst consistently working for the benefit of intu.
Areas of responsibility:
- To develop and implement the annual PR strategy working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
- Take responsibility for all media relations undertaken in house, providing a dynamic and proactive service, ensuring that a positive and coherent brand image is conveyed at all times and that maximum coverage is achieved for the centre’s PR activity.
- Provide effective support for in-centre retailer activity – including events, brand activity, store openings, product launches, book signings, CR and charitable activities – helping to drive and improve communications between Management and retailers.
- Research potential opportunistic media stories from sources within the centre including retailers and staff, and generate newsworthy angles and hooks for the centre in local and regional media.
- Build effective working relationships and strategic partnerships with key journalists and editors from all regional print and broadcast media.
- To work with the central press team on national media stories and the national PR agency.
- To support national campaign activity across PR and social channels.
- Write relevant newsworthy copy, features and columns and adapt accordingly to media targets.
- Work with the marketing team to create a digital social plan (including paid-for social) for the centre and manage the centre’s social media sites for maximum positive benefit to the centre, keeping abreast of the latest digital PR developments.
- To build a blogger outreach programme for specific key target audiences.
- Develop an understanding of competitors and how the centre’s communication strategy can differentiate it from others.
- To collaborate with outside agencies on joint initiatives to maximise PR opportunities.
- To co-ordinate and respond to media enquiries - including crisis management, photographic and filming requests - and control and approve press information issued by suppliers.
- To brief and manage photographers and photo shoots to ensure the most effective press photography and manage filming/broadcast activity to ensure public safety and convenience.
- To act as a spokesperson on consumer related issues when required and ensure media training requirements for Senior Managers are met.
- To implement and deliver training to Managers, staff and retailers in both basic and crisis PR.
- To have pride in intu Trafford Centre, ensuring the delivery of consistently high standards of customer service at all times, thereby promoting a professional and welcoming atmosphere.
- To ensure effective internal communications and contribute to the team effort and provide additional support to the marketing team with the planning and delivery of campaign activity.
- To deliver effective training and coaching as required.
- To develop and maintain procedures for all media activity to ensure that work is completed safely and meets the requirements of the company Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To ensure smooth communication processes are maintained with colleagues, management, other departments, retail partners and external organisations.
- Work additional hours and show flexibility regarding hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of this role.
- Carry out the role of Duty Manager as required.
- Any duties as appropriate.
To apply email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org