PPC Manager - Agency
We are looking for a talented, ambitions PPC Manager to join our team of search marketing specialists and drive our paid search offering forward. We can offer the opportunity to work on some great client accounts, and for the right candidate to ultimately advance to head of PPC within the business. Salary: £30k-35k
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being principally responsible for the delivery of paid search at Custard
- Planning and executing PPC campaigns both personally and through effective management of other individuals within the paid search team
- Auditing new client accounts, undertaking account builds and restructuring exercises, monitoring results and adjusting your approach to deliver optimal performance in a timely manner
- Carrying out keyword research, writing and reviewing ad copy and landing pages
- Planning and forecasting for clients and as part of the new business process
- Overseeing the execution of all paid search activity, managing bids and optimising campaigns, managing the workload of other paid search team members, making sure that all work is completed on time each month
- Working with Custard’s account managers to deliver meaningful client reports and delivering ongoing account improvements to increase ROI over time
- Keeping abreast of PPC best practice, disseminating information about emerging tools and techniques to staff and clients
- Participating in client calls and meetings, including new business meetings, at our office in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, elsewhere in the UK and abroad when necessary
- Continually improving and refining our paid search service, leading the adoption of new tools and techniques as you see fit, possibly including the introduction of bespoke software and API integrations
- Building the paid search team at Custard, training and mentoring junior team members, assisting with recruitment of additional paid search staff as and when you determine that the business needs and can afford them
- Working closely with and reporting to the technical director, who has 15 years of digital experience in a wide range of disciplines
- Assisting with the development of Custard’s public image as a PPC thought leader by contributing to our social media profiles, writing for our blog, attending events and potentially representing and speaking for the company at conferences
- Thorough understanding of Google Adwords & Shopping and Bing Ads & Shopping
- At least 3 years’ experience in a dedicated paid search role working on complex, large-scale campaigns
- Experience of managing accounts with a media spend in excess of £25k/month
- High degree of proficiency with conversion tracking, attribution and Google Analytics - you’ll be required to talk about this in detail at interview.
- Knowledge and experience of other direct marketing types such as display and social media is highly desirable.
- Expert-level Excel skills
- A high degree of numeracy and analytical problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software packages
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. You will be working on a lot of documentation which is expected to be client-ready – consequently you will need a strong grasp of spelling and grammar, and you will routinely be expected to explain that documentation to colleagues and clients in a clear, concise manner.
What we can offer you:
- An interesting role with a high degree of autonomy
- The opportunity to shape and mould our paid search offering in your own way
- A fun working environment in the centre of Manchester, with Friday bar, regular socials and a casual dress code
- Access to staff profit share scheme once you pass your probation
- 24 days paid leave from starting, plus bank holidays
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com, we'd love to hear from you.