What’s the role all about?
Are you passionate about coding and enjoy creating new solutions using PHP, MySQL and HTML? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
We are looking for PHP developers who have experience of using the above languages and a good understanding of OOP to join our Research and Development team.
What will my responsibilities be?
• This fantastic opportunity allows you to get involved in collaborating with other departments to improve internal systems and processes
• Adding features and functionality to MyUKFast client portals
• Working with 3rd party systems and various APIs
• Updating and adding features to our company websites
• Developing new products and services
• As well as having fun working alongside a team of great people in the R&D department
What skills do I need to have?
• A good understanding of OOP
• A passion for what you do!
• An enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude
What’s the earning potential?
• We offer a salary of £24-35k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
• Award-winning training and education centre with two full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
• Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
• Computer game area – so get your game faces on
• Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
• Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
• Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
• Football/netball/running clubs
• Steam room to relax
• Monthly pub quizzes – friends and family can also come along
• Birthdays off as a paid holiday
• Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
• Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
• An extra week holiday when you get married
• Recording studio
• Onsite parking
• Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
• UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
• Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
• Private BUPA healthcare cover
• Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
• Family days out to Chester Zoo
• Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
• Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
• Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
• £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software deemed to be useful to the business
• Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
• Top performers achieve VIP parking
• We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family
• Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
• Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
• Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution