Marketing Liverpool is the city’s destination marketing organisation (DMO). The company manages the city region’s visitor, conference and inward investment brands (Visit Liverpool, Liverpool Convention Bureau, Invest Liverpool) and plays a key role in the success of the region in attracting visitors, conferences and investors to the city region.
We are recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to cover maternity leave. This role will provide strategic and creative leadership, developing the city region’s inward investment marketing and communications plans and activity.
The main responsibilities are:
- Strategic development and channel management across a range of inward investment events, projects, campaigns.
- Work closely with Liverpool City Region inward investment teams to maximise opportunities for lead generation, supporting requirements for relevant promotional assets.
- Ensure investment events projects, campaigns are managed consistently and imaginatively across marketing channels, including digital and social platforms.
- Produce and distribute content published on all online and offline channels, ensuring it is interesting, relevant and valued by target audiences
- Quantify success and efficiency of inward investment events, projects, campaigns through regular and detailed performance analysis
- Ownership of digital analytics and CRM to ensure customer data is captured and utilised to drive commercial benefits
- Manage marketing budgets, purchase orders, and liaise with finance on reporting requirements.
- Experience of working within B2B environment, managing events, projects and campaigns against agreed objectives.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organisational skills.
- Experienced and skilled copywriter.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for effective interaction with key stakeholders and customers.
- Results driven, well organised and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Track record of undertaking research and analysing data sources to inform strategic direction of brands, projects and campaigns.
- In depth knowledge of managing digital properties and social platforms and experience of using content management systems.
- A positive attitude with a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to execute projects on time and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
Please send or email your CV and covering letter to Peter Smith, Head of Marketing, Marketing Liverpool, 3rd Floor, Cunard Building, Water Street Liverpool, L3 1AH; firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Monday 28 January 2019
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is an outline of the main responsibilities for this role. The jobholder may be required to undertake reasonable additional duties as requested by their Line Manager.
This job description is not contractual.