The Climbing Hangar is a growing business in the enviable position of benefitting from natural customer acquisition through the growth of interest in climbing as a hobby.
While attracting new customers is a key driver in our success, our challenge lies in customer retention and effectively delivering customer experience as our point of differentiation.
We’re looking for an experienced marketer with a passion for customer engagement who can help us tackle these challenges and radically overhaul our communications across every customer touchpoint.
Social media and email communications are priority areas, but to be successful you’ll need to demonstrate experience across the entire marketing mix with a deep appreciation of all the elements, on and offline, that go into creating a cohesive, joined up approach to communications and customer engagement.
Adaptability and organisation are key, as if you ability to work on your own initiative. You should have the confidence to drive a central communications strategy whilst juggling our centres' competing priorities and multiple work streams.
You’ll also be a bit of a data wonk, constantly seeking new opportunities through well-honed customer insight, championing continuous improvement initiatives and seeking efficiency through effective measurement and management of our activities.
While you need not be a climber, we’d love to hear from people with plenty of experience of growing communities and embedding themselves in a specific customer culture. And we’re keen to find someone who’s ideal next role will give them the opportunity to have a significant impact on customer experience in a small business with big ambitions.
- Developing and implementing on and offline communications strategies to:
- Acquire customers
- Improve retention rates, visit frequency and conversion to membership
- Maximise profitability through the promotion of products and services to relevant customer segments
- Overseeing the day to day management of our online presence with a particular focus on social media activities
- Assisting in the training and development of centre staff to effectively contribute to marketing actives online and face to face
- Contribute (and produce/source) creative content ideas
- Support greater brand awareness nationwide – effectively communicating the Hangar’s brand vision and values and establishing trust, advocacy and espertise
- Planning and implementing robust, effective and repeatable marketing campaigns for day to day products and services as well as events, launches and promotions
- Building a culture of continuous improvement: measuring and monitoring the impact of our marketing activities
- Undertaking customer research
- Seeking to build on and develop online support for our community initiatives and product innovations
- Providing ad hoc support for activities related to the continued development of our customer experience initiatives
Interested? Send a copy of your CV (or a link to your LinkedIn or other online profile if you prefer) along with a covering email outlining why you think you will be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include a short summary of an initiative you have been involved with to improve customer retention or engagement and the outcome.
Or click the link below for more information and to download the Application Pack