Active Business Communications is an IT, Mobile and Telecoms Service Provider with ambitious growth plans.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our Sales and Marketing team – this role reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager so it is closely aligned to the needs of our sales function.
We’ve just started a journey to redefine our vision, so this is a really exciting time to join the company and help shape its destiny. This role will cover the full marketing mix as we relaunch our go to market proposition. Lead generation is the name of the game, but as all good marketeers know that’s only part of the story.
- You’ll have the opportunity to feed into the quarterly campaign plans, use your insight and experience to help develop our activity schedule.
- Once you’ve helped to come up with our activity plans then you’ll be responsible for implementing them across the full mix using our agency and CRM platform Hubspot.
- It’s all about the numbers so careful analysis of campaign performance will be critical, as will taking learnings forwards to the next round of activities.
- We love our customers, and you’ll need to be able to manage them and their data- so excel will be your best friend as you draw insights and help drive the activity plans.
- We use a CRM system called Hubspot – this is the centre of our universe so you need to be proficient either in its use or a similar CRM system – we take our workflows and data management very seriously
- There’s a lot of writing in this role – whether it’s blogs, tweets, monthly newsletters, product collateral or new webpages you’ll be producing insightful content on a daily basis.
- Agency briefings are a dark art form, one which you’ll master to get the best out of them.
- You’ll own our social media calendar – so running it can feed into, manage, monitor and refine it
- There’s no point doing any of this unless we can shout about it, so presenting our performance to the wider business on a regular basis and gathering and acting on feedback is essential.
- And then there was Brand, oft forgotten but best not left out – you’ll help to drive it forward, love it and look after it, making sure it’s applied in the right way not too little, not too much
What we offer…
We are an established (over 20 years) provider of IT and Telecoms services, helping businesses use the technology to improve efficiency and solve problems. We employ around 35 people and as we grow, those with the drive and commitment to progress have the chance to show what they can do and are encouraged to reach their fullest potential.
If we’re right for you you’ll be looking forward to:
- Taking the next step in your career and being THE person responsible for driving our customer engagement plans.
- Being part of a cohesive and supportive team
- Support to continually progress your skills and career development
- Varied work and the chance to get involved in new things to expand your experience
- Being visible in a small business and being recognised for your contribution
- Happy to talk flexible working
- Working in a smart, modern office environment
What we need from you…
If you’re right for us, you’ll:
- Thrive on working at a fast pace, continuously learning and responding to change
- Use your organisational skills to juggle priorities and keep plans on track
- Be a clear and confident communicator, able to brief and set clear expectations with agencies
- Enjoy interacting and collaborating with others and engaging the wider business in our marketing plans and activities
- Enjoy working with data – analysing and presenting results, working with databases to extract, cross reference and merge data sets
- Bring a positive, ‘can do’ mindset to the work and be ready to get stuck in and ‘make it happen’
- Always be thinking around the task and adding value, using your creativity and resourcefulness to come up with new and exciting ways to generate leads
- Be ready to make yourself personally responsible for delivering activity plans
- 22 days annual leave (increasing to 27) plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Wellbeing scheme
- Week paid sickness leave
- Buy/sell annual leave (2 days per year)
- Book annual leave in hours for extra flexibility
- Free parking
- Social activities
- Educated in a related subject e.g. Marketing, Business, English
- Must have worked either in a similar business to business role ideally in an SME environment or in an account executive / management role agency side
- Working with technology – specific knowledge in the IT and communications industry would be a distinct advantage
- Writing skills – accurate spelling, punctuation, grammar, professional style, able to adapt to suit target audience. Passionate about good content, you’ll be producing a lot of it.
- Highly numerate and computer literate - MS Office Suite
- Extensive data and database handling skills - using excel and 3rd party systems to extract, cross reference, manipulate, merge, analyse and present data
- Implementing on and offline marketing campaigns including administrating email distribution platforms e.g. Hubspot
If you have the skills, experience, and enthusiasm to take on this challenge and succeed in a fast moving, competitive technology based environment, we would really like to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line