Marketing and Communications Executive
To support the Marketing and Communications Manager in the planning and delivery of marketing communications for GC Business Growth Hub. To manage suppliers on specific projects and take the lead in liaising with internal and external stakeholders to fully brief and manage campaigns to time and to budget.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Managers to generate a significant level of new clients for GC Business Growth Hub’s portfolio of services and increase engagement by attracting and retaining clients through innovative external and internal marketing campaigns, and ongoing online and social media activities.
- Work with Service Managers and team members to develop creative marketing solutions, writing content and introducing fresh thinking to specific communications challenges targeted externally or internally and develop, design and implement targeted campaigns co-ordinating specialist PR, events, marketing suppliers and media partners.
- Contribute to and influence the development and implementation of the Hub’s overall communications plan and use of social media and online content including video, and work with PR and communications suppliers and media partners to ensure key messages are delivered in line with branding guidelines and Hub objectives.
- Continuously develop and deliver regular electronic and printed communications to the Hub’s client base, writing content, briefing agencies and designers, co-ordinating cross functional teams.
- Develop operate and champion procedures for the Marketing team
- Work with other team members to ensure that the Hub website is maintained.
- Liaise with partners, suppliers and other team members when required to maintain the accuracy and appropriateness of website content and communications and carry out any associated website administration necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the website and online tools
- To ensure all associated administration such as raising purchase orders, invoice production and period end reports/reconciliation are completed in timely manner and are checked for accuracy.
- Report on campaign evaluation and monthly KPI reporting.
- Assist in organising and representing the Hub at appropriate events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Creative thinking or design
- Copy writing and proofreading
- Managing information resources
- Highly IT Literate
- Project Management and organisation skills
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Experience of working in a creative marketing and communications capacity in the private or public sector
- Can demonstrate experience of website building and/or regular online content development using CMS system
- Experience of developing and delivering effective communications across a number of social media platforms.
- Experience of using Google Analytics to inform strategic web developments and a basic knowledge of SEO and PPC.
- Practical experience of developing and delivering marketing materials
- Experience of managing relationships with external agencies/contractors, e.g. PR, creatives
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting requirements
- Knowledge of business enquiry handling and customer care
- Degree qualified or equivalent practical experience
- Highly presentable (particularly if representing the organisation at an event)
- Professional and flexible approach and attitude
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply The Growth Company values: Make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing, build on success.
Please note that this is a fixed term role for six months.
Business Growth Hub aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below