Mustard Media, the UK’s leading digital agency for music events and festivals, seeks a full-time Junior Copywriter to work within our creative department. The position will require experience and proficiency in online content across all major social platforms and ‘big idea’ creative planning. Projects will include creating written content for launches of major UK and global events, online advertisements, and researching new and innovative techniques in social media marketing. The ideal candidate will have a flair and insight for: tone of voice; appealing to different audiences, and understanding the client’s objectives and how to bring them to life.
The Junior Copywriter position will report directly to an allocated Account Manager.
Responsibilities will include, and not be limited to, the following:
• Writing engaging copy for social media (for posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and email marketing campaigns
• Writing persuasive, sales-orientated copy for online advertisements (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google AdWords)
• Development of copy for websites, and use of CMS to populate website; liaising with artist managers and promoters to gather biographies, press assets and information
• Research and creation of artist and event biographies for use across all platforms
• Proofreading and amending existing copy
• Assisting creative planning staff on client strategy, including launch plans and proposals
• Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends, and new techniques in marketing
• Pitching in with ideas and new concepts, for use across all accounts
• Working across a number of clients and campaigns simultaneously
The following skills requirements are not exhaustive:
• Able to write clear, effective copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar, and attention to detail
• Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
• The creativity and imagination to develop ‘big’ ideas and campaign concepts, and the commercial awareness to understand target audiences and effective tone
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Confidence and self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt;
• An interest in popular culture, new trends and styles, and willingness to research
Qualifications and Experience
At least one year’s experience in a digital agency or in-house marketing department is required. The ideal candidate would also have extensive experience with online content and creative writing. English Literature or Language, Journalism or Advertising/Marketing graduate a plus.
Working Hours and Salary
Typical office hours will be 9.30am-6pm, and on occasion staff will be required to work additional hours around launches or busy periods.
Salary will be competitive and based upon experience.