Our copywriting team produces a diverse range of copy, working closely with a number of other departments to provide high-quality articles, stories, creative projects and interactive features.
We want fresh talent to join our busy team as a junior copywriter. This challenging role will incorporate writing, project management and peer review in an often high-pressure environment, meeting a number of deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
As with many other departments at Epiphany, our writers get the chance to propose, shape, research and create new ideas and campaigns for a diverse range of organisations, covering countless topics and projects.
Successful applicants will be supported and trained on the job by the Head of Copywriting, supported by other senior members. Focusing on every individual’s key strengths and weaknesses, the team help each other to write with confidence, whatever the project or deadline, and to the style guide established by the department.
• Writing on-page content for websites
• Content hub creation and direction, blog planning and contributions
• Creative copy projects with our in-house design and web development teams
• Interactive article propositions and creative copy
• Sub-editing of peers’ work, as well as other departments’ reports
• Carrying out research for clients and internal projects
• Blogger outreach content – invitations and email copy
• Creating or expanding upon Wikipedia entries for clients and/or their partners
• Client comments for online publications, e.g. Huffington Post, Daily Telegraph
• Proven written experience demonstrating high quality. Epiphany does not employ “SEO copywriters” or those who focus on volume over quality; we are looking for those with the ability to write to a consistently high standard, and have a passion for this often-neglected skill
• While a good knowledge of a wide array of topics and styles of writing is very helpful, it is by no means necessary, as there will be plenty of chances to learn on the job, and from a team of highly-experienced writers and content creators
• Only a very small handful of clients have a permanent content writer, so our successful applicant will have plenty of opportunities to try working on something new or different, with support from senior writers to ensure quality fulfils and exceeds client expectations