JPR Account Executive
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic PR account executive to join our team in Leeds.
As one of the north’s biggest PR agencies, and with a huge range of national and international clients, you’ll be joining one of the most trailblazing agencies in the country.
We do PR a bit differently. We don’t just get coverage in newspapers (although we do do that), we take search and digital insight to create solution-focused campaigns that meet multiple objectives; from brand awareness to search performance.
We’re always on the lookout for fresh talent and individuals that show passion and enthusiasm to be part of something special!
- Consistently contributing to client coverage and link targets.
- Creating and researching stories.
- Writing and selling in press releases.
- Creating strong media lists.
- Continually monitoring for, and keeping, detailed coverage records.
- Contributing to client relationships.
- Seeking media opportunities for clients.
- Selling in stories to journalists.
- Writing with creative flair.
- Managing own time effectively.
- Taking part internal client meetings.
- Completing client reports.
- Taking responsibility for own personal development – actively doing things to move forwards.
- Taking the time to read the news, every day.
- Striving to build strong relationships with teammates, and other departments such as Client Services and SEO.
- Recognising the importance of attention to detail and accuracy, and always striving to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Proactively seeking out opportunities to manage more junior members of the team via project work.
- Delivering detailed, accurate, and up to date timesheets.
- Striving to ensure admin tasks are always up to date and accurately completed/logged.
- Helping teammates.
- Recognising when there may be an issue, flagging it to a manager in a timely manner, and offering a potential solution.
- Proactive in ensuring that client coverage and link targets are met consistently.
- Confident on the phone and comfortable talking to and selling in stories to journalists.
- Continually monitor for, and keep, detailed coverage records and then translate these into client reports.
- Strong time management skills and a track record of meeting deadlines.
- Knows how to deliver the best possible media list.
- Creative individual who understands what makes a great story and is happy to contribute to brainstorms with strong ideas backup by research or experience.
- Can deliver considered and accurate research for stories, and then write these up into compelling press releases.
- Strong spelling and grammar skills and great attention to detail.
- Can evaluate the quality and consistency of their own work.
- Understanding of the link between SEO and PR/link-building activity.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of the media landscape in general, and knowledge of the major media platforms such as Gorkana (or similar).