Journalist, Prolific North
In under six years, Prolific North has established itself as one of the leading media, marketing and creative brands in the UK.
Our newsletter is read by the North’s media big hitters and reaches 25,000 subscribers daily, while our recently relaunched website, with approaching 100,000 unique visitors a month, continues to document the rapid growth and innovative excellence of the North's creative sector.
Our expanding portfolio of acclaimed award ceremonies, expos and other events provide a unique way for readers, partners and over 1,000 companies, agencies, brands and organisations to network and engage.
And whether it’s filling vacancies, promoting agencies and companies through our Prolific Profiles or building the go-to hub for the region's freelancers, Prolific North delivers response.
We've now reached the point where we will be expanding into a brand new territory and are looking for more talent to join our established and highly experienced editorial team.
We are looking for a young and enthusiastic candidate to become the next member of our editorial team.
Based in our new offices in Manchester city centre, your role will encompass both Prolific North and the new territory. A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a journalistic role on a newspaper or website is preferred.
Your key duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Reporting on news covering the creative, marketing and tech sectors
- Supporting our commercial and events teams with content to promote our portfolio of events and expos
- Uploading and editing content using the website’s content management system
- Creating and distributing a daily newsletter to our subscriber base
- Managing our social media channels and engaging with our followers
- Liaising with other members of the editorial and commercial teams
- Attending events where necessary and supplying editorial content
The job would suit someone with:
- A passion and keen interest in the creative sectors covering marketing, media, broadcasting, digital, tech and publishing
- An aptitude to learn on the job quickly
- A familiarity with using content management systems
- Ability and confidence to work under pressure when required
- Scrupulous attention to detail
- Flawless spelling and grammar and a pithy and smart way with words
- Barrel-loads of enthusiasm and a desire to play a tangible role in the continuing and rapid growth of a new media publishing and events company
Application closing date: October 20th 2018
Interviews held in early November with a view to the successful applicant starting before Christmas.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on the form below
Hours: 37.5 a week