Salary: £31,763 to £47,645
Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub has a vacancy for an experienced individual who is passionate about great project management and wants to become part of our growing team. Delivering high quality project management support for Senior Managers, the role will take responsibility for a £7.8 million research and innovation project aiming to boost investment in innovation by companies and increase access to universities and collaboration opportunities.
The applicant will have a background in industry or relevant public sector activities, with a track record in delivering practical, project management support to ensure projects are delivered to budget and on time. An excellent communicator the role is expected to be hands-on working with service managers and our in-house Contracts team to track and evaluate performance both in terms of expenditure and deliverables, reporting regularly on progress and making recommendations to keep performance on track, ensuring agreed actions are implemented.
The successful applicants will be a well-established and confident individual, with experience of managing key project relationships. Previous experience in the delivery of publically funded business support projects. The applicant will be based at our Lee House offices in Greater and will report directly to the programme Development and Delivery Manager.
• Proven ability to achieve positive results and outcomes and
• Proven ability to lead complex projects which require professional, positive and effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
• Ability to manage end to end project and contract processes through supporting procedures and data systems
• Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to condense complex data to produce concise reports.
• Confidence and ability to deal effectively with financial, procurement and accounting issues.
Qualifications, knowledge / Experience
• Management of publicly funded projects, including the compliance and monitoring of contracts and systems to track performance and meet defined targets and competing priorities.
• Management of and accounting for public funds and exposure to audit.
• Procurement and management of partners / consultants.
• Tracking and producing performance management data
• Stakeholder relationships.
• A programme or project management qualification such as MSP / PRINCE 2 or in-depth knowledge of these standards gained from practical experience.
• High level of knowledge and understanding in contract management practice, and compliance particularly with regard to ERDF, European and national government funding
• Strong knowledge and understanding of funding contracts in business support, economic development / regeneration.
For further details on the role and to download the job description please visit http://businessgrowthhub.com/vacancies
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please, complete the accompanying application form stating the reference number and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Advice, Business Growth Hub, Lee House, 90 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5JW.
The closing date for applications is at 5pm on Friday 22 January 2016.