Head of Member Development, Out of London
Pact is the highly successful and influential trade association operating on behalf of the UK’s Feature Film, Television, Animation and Digital Producers. Pact delivers a range of business services as well as being an effective political lobby on behalf of its members.
The Head of Member Development, Out of London is a key post at Pact, working with members across the UK to help them develop their business opportunities by addressing any barriers such as skills, access, investment and international opportunities.
Based in our office in Leeds, the Head of Member Development will develop regular and comprehensive contact with our members, and potential members, working in TV, Film, Animation, Children’s and Digital to promote the benefits of Pact membership and to ensure that Pact’s services and policies support their growth.
You will report to the Managing Director of Business Development & Global who is based at the Pact London office.
Hours of work are between 9.00-5.30pm. Although the full-time role is based in Pact’s Leeds office it will involve regular travel across the UK.
Key tasks include:
- To help promote the Pact Business Accelerator, Production Accelerator and Export Accelerator programmes to all members in the Nations and Regions, and to work with the Managing Director of Business Development and Global to deliver and expand these programme
- To ensure that Pact members in the Nations and Regions have access to increased contact time with appropriate commissioners from UK and international broadcasters and buyers
- To co-ordinate all projects, campaigns and activities that benefit the interests of members within the Nations and Regions
- To hold regular meetings with members in the Nations and Regions to understand their issues and to work to constructively to address these
- To meet with the respective elected National (Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) representatives on a regular basis
- To create such working groups as may be required from across the Pact Nations and Regions membership and within each Nation
- To regularly report to Pact Council on key issues and progress
- To ensure that Pact’s Legal and Business Affairs and Policy teams are properly briefed on any issues in time to address these and to feedback on all policy related issues to the Head of Policy as required
- To identify any issues from devolved broadcasting channels in the Nations and to work to resolve these to the benefit of the members
- To engage with all regional and devolved screen and creative agencies to ensure that their policies and programmes work for Pact members
- To work with the Head of Communications to ensure that all matters concerning Pact Nations and Regions members’ interests are effectively communicated to members and stakeholders across the UK
- To attend and speak at such conferences and fora as required to promote the interests of Pact’s members and to seek to recruit new members
- To recruit and manage the day to day activities of an Administrator, to work alongside the Head of Member Development, Out of London, in the Leeds office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in TV production either as an Executive Producer or in production management
- Strong communication skills, to be able to drive collaboration amongst stakeholders
- A good understanding of the current out of London issues
- A pro-active, self-motivated person who is project and target driven
- Experience of, and confidence in public speaking
- A willingness to travel extensively around the UK
To apply for the role please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter via email to George McGeorge: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th March and interviews are expected to be held the w/c 25th March.
The successful candidate will need to be able to start work on the 1st May 2019, although an earlier start date is preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.