James Fisher and Sons plc is seeking a versatile and confident graphic design professional to join its central marketing team in support of its B2B marketing communications and activities. The candidate will be looking for the opportunity to support a dynamic in-house marketing team and various group companies.
The role requires a proactive individual to play a key role in fulfilling the functions of the creative team and to take responsibility for the timely output of marketing collateral.
The successful individual will be responsible for producing creative marketing assets (online and offline) which appropriately and innovatively reflect business objectives and customer needs. Ideally, they will also progress the team’s 3D animation and video output.
The business is looking for a dedicated, confident individual possessing highly effective communication and project management skills, as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines and to collaborate with colleagues and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graphic designer seeking to work on a diverse range of projects as part of a dynamic and innovative organisation.
The individual will be expected to assist in supporting the sales and business development teams for various group companies whilst working closely within the creative and Group marketing team. Based in the North West, the role will require the successful individual to travel nationally.
- Assisting the group marketing team and company directors in all graphic design activities;
- Responsible for full creative marketing support to James Fisher group companies
- Understand and progress James Fisher branding in line with business initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience needs
- Create, adapt and review design concepts and layouts suitable for a range of marketing materials (offline and online)
- Liaise with group companies, clients, subcontractors and all stakeholders to understand and manage project objectives and scope
- Communicate conceptual ideas to key stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date with latest design software and trends so as to contribute and introduce innovative design ideas
- Lead the progression of 3D animation and video creation
- Provide further ad hoc marketing support to group companies as required
Likely Attributes to Character
- Creative – Passionate and proactive in thinking of new approaches to visualising information in an engaging manner
- Innovative – Able to look critically and with originality at design work to ensure client objectives and consumer needs are satisfied
- Accountable – Responsible for time management and able to deliver projects to tight deadlines
- Organised – Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator – Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interpret and negotiate briefs and manage stakeholder expectations
- Meticulous – Displays excellent attention to detail and accurate in finalising designs
- Collaborative – Effective, reliable and flexible team member
Future Possible Progression
The Graphic Design role offers the right candidate a career route to departmental and senior management within James Fisher. Progression is always based upon achievement, suitable experience, qualifications and business need.
Continued Professional Development and Training
CPD is encouraged by the company. Professional training courses are regularly attended to keep up to date with market legislation. Accreditation to professional bodies is supported and encouraged. The principle adopted is that professional development is intended to improve the effectiveness of the individual’s ability to do their job.
- Educated to degree level in graphic design or possesses equivalent significant experience
- UI/UX design experience
- Mac literate and proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Essential)
- Proficiency with video editing software (After Effects, Premiere etc.)
- Conversant in 3D animation (Element 3D etc.)
- Confident with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of email marketing software (Dotmailer)
- Flexibility to travel to other national offices and sites on occasion is necessary
- Significant experience in offline and online visual design (pre-press knowledge)
- Strong design portfolio demonstrating proven track record
- Experience maintaining, championing and developing brand guidelines
- Strong sense of typography, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- 3D animation and video production
To apply, click the link below