Full time Junior Copywriter
Is it a role for you?
The primary requirement is that you enjoy writing. That’s it!
If you love composing creative narratives, jotting down a blog or volunteering for a publication and want to turn your passion into a career, then we want to hear from you. You won’t be the finished article when it comes to your writing: but that’s fine. We want someone who would love to write as their full time job, is already nimble around a keyboard and is willing to learn the full time craft and skill that goes into being a marketing agency Copywriter.
It will help if you have a natural flair for writing and are able to demonstrate your ability to write and craft different types of copy; including long (website and guide length), short (blogs) and headlines.
You will be a natural communicator, have a positive energy and be highly motivated. As an integral part of the content team, you will be responsible for creating great content across both the offline and online space.
Is it us?
We’re a growing full service growth marketing agency based in Macclesfield. Our focus is on the professional services sectors with a digital bias - although we’re also pretty good at branding and traditional design! We’re known for delivering great work across online and offline channels. Always looking to improve, you’ll be joining a like-minded team who are focused on building an agency that wins clients through reputation.
As a ClientsFirst Copywriter, you will be expected to take briefs from the Account Management and project teams and turn them into exciting copy. At one point this could mean writing a 400-word blog. Another day you could be asked to come up with a killer strapline. One week you might work on a large website project, or be asked to produce a 20-page guide on a topic you will have to research.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be expected to get involved with many other aspects of our marketing, including coming up with original ideas and understanding the aims and strategies we use to drive success for our clients.
Work moves through the agency quickly, so you’ll be good at picking up new tasks every day and completing them in reasonable timescales. Don’t worry! We know you won’t know every topic inside out. You’ll be given constant guidance and briefs, (there will be an element of completing first drafts, taking corrections and modifying) but you’ll also be someone who learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of hitting deadlines and juggling your workload.
- Developing your skills across a full range of work types including; copy for websites, landing pages, blogs, whitepapers, guides, headlines, straplines and print pieces
- Responsible for the writing and initial proofing of content for a broad spectrum of clients
- You will develop the tone of voice for clients and look to improve what you do on an ongoing basis
- You will look to develop your own knowledge of writing bold, engaging copy for both print and digital
- You will liaise directly with the client to understand the brief clearly and track progress of your copywriting jobs
- You will be responsible for drafting engaging marketing copy for ClientsFirst as a business
- You will work closely with the Web and Creative teams
- You will be asked to look at amending existing copy, produced by clients, other ClientsFirst copywriters or one of our freelancers
Skills, competencies and experience
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Speed or touch typist to a reasonable degree
- Be able to produce copy in a timely manner
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs and work to a high standard, even when faced with a tight deadline
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Is it you? - Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.