Full time Copywriter
Is it a role for you?
You will have a natural flair for writing and be able to demonstrate your ability to write and craft different types of copy; including long, short and headlines. You will consider yourself a ‘wordsmith’, and will probably have held a formal copywriting position before or spent a lot of your time writing professionally. You will be passionate about writing and care about producing perfect words no matter what the project. You’ll be able to talk about your current and past writing projects; how and why they came about and why you’d like to be a full-time writer.
You will be a natural communicator, have a positive energy and be highly motivated. As an integral part of the content team, you will be responsible for creating great content across both the offline and online space.
Is it us?
We’re a growing full service marketing agency based in Macclesfield. Our focus is on the B2B and professional services sectors with a digital bias - although we’re also pretty good at branding and traditional design! We’re known for delivering great work across online and offline channels. Always looking to improve, you’ll be joining a like minded team who are focused on building an agency that wins clients through reputation.
As a ClientsFirst Copywriter, you will be expected to take briefs from the Account Management and project teams and turn them into exciting copy. One day this could mean writing a 400-word blog. Another day you could be asked to come up with a killer strapline. One week you might work on a large website project, or be asked to produce a 20-page guide on a topic you will have to research.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be expected to get involved with many other aspects of our marketing, including coming up with original ideas and understanding the aims and strategies we use to drive success for our clients. You’ll be supported by a Junior Copywriter and a specialist Proofreader, as well as other members of the team, such as full time Designers and Marketing Executives.
You will also be expected to lend your expertise to junior members of the team, helping them to learn their craft as copywriters and steering them in the right direction when needed.
- Deploying your skills across a full range of work types including; copy for websites, landing pages, blogs, whitepapers, guides, headlines, straplines, emails and print pieces
- Responsible for the writing and initial proofing of content for a broad spectrum of B2B clients
- You will develop the tone of voice for the client and look to improve what you do on an ongoing basis
- You will look to develop your own knowledge of writing bold, engaging copy for both print and digital
- You will liaise directly with the client to understand the brief clearly and track progress of your copywriting jobs
- You will interview stakeholders on certain jobs in order to create content such as client stories or case studies
- You will be responsible for keeping our online Content Store stocked and up to date, including drafting copy or liaising within the team to assign articles. You will also liaise with the delivery team on deadlines and the topics clients favour
- You will be responsible for drafting engaging marketing copy for ClientsFirst as a business
- You will work closely with the Web and Creative teams
- You will be asked to look at amending existing copy, produced by clients, other ClientsFirst copywriters or one of our freelancers
Skills, competencies and experience
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Speed or touch typist
- Experience of using Wordpress would be a plus
- Be able to produce copy in a timely manner
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs and work to a high standard, even when faced with a tight deadline
- Possess a high level of client focus and understanding of client needs
- You will have worked for at least two years as an agency copywriter, an internal copywriter or in a role which required you to produce copy on a regular basis
Is it you?
Drop us a line at email@example.com and attach your CV.