Freelance Journalist, Prolific London
In under six years, Prolific North has established itself as one of the leading media, marketing and creative brands in the UK. Our newsletter is read by the North’s media big hitters and reaches 25,000 subscribers daily, while our recently relaunched website, with approaching 100,000 unique visitors a month, continues to document the rapid growth and innovative excellence of the North's creative sector.
Our expanding portfolio of acclaimed award ceremonies, expos and other events provide a unique way for readers, partners and over 1,000 companies, agencies, brands and organisations to network and engage. And whether it’s filling vacancies, promoting agencies and companies through our Prolific Profiles or building the go-to hub for the region's freelancers, Prolific North delivers response. We've now reached the point where we will be expanding into the capital and are looking for London-based freelancers to join our established and highly experienced editorial team.
Working remotely from London, you will be part of the team responsible for the producing the content that will make up the core of our daily news agenda.
- You will have your finger on the pulse of London's marketing and tech scenes, have an eye for a story and the enthusiasm and motivation to drive the news agenda in a new territory.
- You’ll be adept at working quickly, able to turn round a story and have a flawless way with words and grammar.
- You will be part of a remote-working editorial team supported by a commercial team building a programme of events in the capital.
Your key duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Reporting on news covering the marketing and tech sectors in London
- Covering events and travelling to interview key people
- Uploading and editing content using the website’s content management system
- Creating and distributing a daily newsletter to our subscriber base
- Managing our social media channels and engaging with our followers
- Liaising with other members of the editorial and commercial teams
Initially we are looking for somebody to work 3/4 days a week with the potential to move to a full-time position within six months.
Contracts will start from January 7th 2018. Pay: £150/day.
For more information, or to apply contact David Prior: firstname.lastname@example.org