Mustard Media, the UK’s leading digital agency for music events and festivals, seeks a full-time Email Marketing Exec to work within our creative department. The position will require experience and proficiency in creating sophisticated and effective email marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will showcase a wealth of knowledge in best practice to create email strategies that work both on their own merit, and as part of a wider marketing strategy – for example use of data to effectively launch an event or brand, alongside a social media campaign.
The Email Marketing Exec position will report directly to the Account Management team.
Responsibilities will include, and not be limited to, the following:
• Helping clients to deliver engaging and effective email campaigns
• Working alongside the Account Management team to develop concepts, and mini-campaigns
• Working alongside the Design team to create bespoke and eye-catching imagery
• Developing concepts to match the objectives of our clients, and to fit in with their wider marketing strategy across other platforms
• Understanding the importance of service and trial program emails, and creating sophisticated trigger email marketing processes for our client’s website platforms (eg. Renewal programmes, prospect warming, free trial conversions, behavioural triggers)
• Analytics and benchmarking, including tracking of the effectiveness of campaigns and making improvements based on data
• Understand segmentation and targeting and putting these into practise
• Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends, and new techniques in marketing
• Sharing ideas and new concepts, for use across all accounts
• Working across a number of clients and campaigns simultaneously
The following skills requirements are not exhaustive:
• Email marketing experience, especially with entertainment and leisure clients
• Ability to take feedback on board and adapt to the needs of each client
• Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient knowledge of a variety of email marketing suites including Mailchimp
• Experience of Google Analytics – goal setting, traffic source, content analysis should all be familiar terms to you
• The creativity and imagination to develop innovative ‘big’ ideas and campaign concepts both internally and alongside a client, and the commercial awareness to understand target audiences and effective marketing
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Confidence and self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
• An interest in popular culture and emerging platforms, new trends and styles, and willingness to research
Qualifications and Experience
At least one year’s experience in a digital agency or in-house marketing department, or freelance, is required, including client-facing experience
Working Hours and Salary
Typical office hours will be 9.30am-6pm, and on occasion staff will be required to work additional hours around launches or busy periods.
Competitive salary, based on experience.