Digital Account Manager
We are looking for a talented, ambitions and experienced Digital Account Manager to join our team of search marketing specialists. We can offer the opportunity to work on some great client accounts in a dynamic, exciting and supportive working environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the rest of the team to deliver award-winning organic and paid search campaigns which really make a difference to our clients’ bottom lines.
- Building a close working relationship with senior managers and directors at a mix of B2B and B2C companies across a range of sectors such as Automotive, Pets, Home Furnishings, Retail and more, acting as the main point of contact between them and the rest of the agency.
- Ensuring that all requirements for your clients are delivered on time and to the required specification and standard.
- Participating in new business pitches, which will give you the opportunity to build rapport with potential clients from the very start of their relationship with Custard.
- Participating in regular client calls and meetings at our office in central Manchester and elsewhere in the UK when necessary.
- Helping to review deliverables such as blog posts and other copy to ensure that they make sense and are compatible with your clients in terms of their commercial objectives, brand guidelines etc.
- Identifying potential delivery issues and resolving them pre-emptively before they become a problem.
- Producing monthly reports for your clients and the management team.
- Keeping control of costs, monitoring expenditure of budgets allocated for use inside and outside the agency.
- Helping to determine the most worthwhile activity for each individual client’s circumstances, and adapting the production plan as necessary.
- Assisting with planning and forecasting of work and revenue for current clients and as part of the new business process.
- Keeping abreast of search marketing best practice, disseminating information about emerging tools and techniques to other staff and clients.
- Assisting with the development of Custard’s public image as an organic search thought leader through occasional activities such as writing for our blog, contributing to our social media profiles, and attending industry events such as BrightonSEO and SearchLeeds.
- You must be self-confident, personable and good at quickly building strong relationships and rapport.
- You should have a keen sense of commercial awareness.
- You will need to have great organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- You must be able to prioritise and manage your own workload, and work to a deadline.
- You should have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar role – ideally as a digital account manager, but experience in more general account management (e.g. PR) would be fine so long as you’ve worked in a digital agency previously in a different role.
- You must possess a basic working knowledge of organic and paid search, although detailed knowledge is not a requirement – you will be surrounded by other specialists who will be responsible for delivery and providing expert advice which you can relay.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics is essential, and knowledge of Google Search Console and other industry tools such as SEMRush, Searchmetrics, AHREFs, Moz would be a major advantage.
- Great MS Office skills, using Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and spoken English. You will need to be able to communicate clearly with our clients about some complex things both orally and in writing; it is essential that nothing gets lost in translation.
What we can offer you:
- An interesting role with a high degree of autonomy.
- The opportunity to shape and mould our organic search offering.
- A fun working environment in the centre of Manchester, with Friday bar, regular socials and a casual dress code, working with liberal, like-minded individuals who love what they do.
- Access to staff profit share scheme once you pass your probation.
- A competitive salary, with company pension contribution in addition.
- 24 days paid leave from starting, plus bank holidays.
- 1 additional day of leave for each year worked up to a maximum of 30 days.
- 1 hour lunch break, with regular, optional team activities.
- A supportive culture of sharing knowledge and expertise.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com