Mustard Media, the UK’s leading digital agency for music events and festivals, seeks a full-time Designer to work within our creative department. The position will require experience and proficiency in web, print and video design, both in concept and execution. Responsibilities will include creation of campaign identities, static and animated content, social media content and print design. An average day will include working alongside a client to develop a brand identity, reformatting content for a variety of both existing and new platforms, creating engaging event launch ideas alongside Account Managers and offering advice and creative oversight to other staff members.
The Designer position will report directly to the Account Management team.
Responsibilities will include, and not be limited to, the following
• Helping clients to deliver engaging, eye-catching design through social media, web and print in a range of industry-standard formats
• Work alongside the Account Management team to develop campaign concepts, and mini-campaigns
• Production of graphic content for multiple brands on a daily basis, and ability to work to a number of deadlines simultaneously
• Web formatting and wireframe creation
• Design of presentations and other ways to convey selling campaign ideas
• Managing production partners – video producers/app developers
• Assisting on internal design, including agency’s brand identity and online presence
• Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends, and new techniques in marketing
• Pitching in with ideas and new concepts, for use across all accounts
• Working across a number of clients and campaigns simultaneously
The following skills requirements are not exhaustive:
• Substantial graphics experience, especially for social media, mobile and print
• A love for social media and how brands use it to engage
• Ability to take feedback on board and adapt to the needs of each client
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut and similar
• Experience of HTML and Flash
• Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
• The creativity and imagination to develop innovative ‘big’ ideas and campaign concepts both internally and alongside a client, and the commercial awareness to understand target audiences and effective design
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Confidence and self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
• An interest in popular culture and emerging platforms, new trends and styles, and willingness to research
Qualifications and Experience:
At least one year’s experience in a digital agency or in-house marketing department, or freelance is required. Art or Graphic Design graduate a plus.
Working Hours and Salary:
Typical office hours will be 9.30am-6pm, and on occasion staff will be required to work additional hours around launches or busy periods.
Competitive salary, based on experience.