Marketing Liverpool is Liverpool City Region’s destination marketing organisation (DMO). It is responsible for communicating the City Region’s brands positively and imaginatively to local, national and global audiences. We work with our partners in business, cultural organisations, educational institutions and national bodies to promote Liverpool City Region as a place to live, work, visit, invest and study. The position offers a diverse and rewarding role working within tourism and conference sectors, delivering marketing campaigns and undertaking projects for some of the city’s most recognised brands.
To lead Marketing Liverpool’s media relations activity and promote Liverpool City Region as a great place to live, visit and host conferences. This includes engaging and influencing local, national and international media to support the campaigns and projects undertaken by ML and its brands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Director and Marketing Liverpool Team, the successful candidate will develop and deliver media and communications activity with tourism and conference media outlets and influencers.
- Plan and host media trips on behalf of Marketing Liverpool and its partners.
- Deliver to agreed targets and annual output targets
- Contribute to the overall development of Marketing Liverpool’s activities
- Undertake researching and writing of a range of editorial and other material
- Provide media and communications support to Marketing Liverpool staff, including preparation of briefing notes and media Q & A.
- Any other duties which may be relevant to the purpose of the job
The successful candidate will be a well-organised, self-motivated and creative person capable of contributing to a busy team. We are looking for a self-starter who has worked successfully in a fast-paced public relations environment. Knowledge of Liverpool City Region and destination marketing is desirable.
The communications manager will be able to identify and develop media opportunities and organise and prioritise their workload. He / she will be looking to develop their career in media relations and take advantage of the opportunity to learn all aspects of destination marketing.
He / she will also be expected to contribute to the overall strategic development of Marketing Liverpool and represent it in a number of different environments.
This post will require some evening and weekend work. This will depend on planned media visits.