Business Partnership Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced Business Partnership Manager to join the Marketing team, on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave (approximately 9-12 months).
We are looking for a self-motivated, people-person who can build relationships across the Merseyrail network that result in increased train journeys. A key element of the role is recruiting local businesses to be part of Merseyrail’s Corporate Travel Scheme. The scheme offers businesses the opportunity to purchase annual rail tickets for employees, which they pay back over an agreed period of time. The scheme is going from strength to strength, however there is a lot of opportunity to grow at a local level and by working with one of Merseyrail’s parent companies, Abellio.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will work closely with station managers and other key people across the business to identify local opportunities for encouraging travel by train – for example by targeting new housing developments and encouraging residents to travel by train or by encouraging group travel for local community groups. We are looking for a dynamic person who will identify ways of encouraging people to travel by train, outside of the traditional channels of marketing.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of building effective relationships
- The ability to recruit local businesses to Merseyrail’s Corporate Travel Scheme
- Be able to provide a high standard of account management to multiple corporate clients
- The ability to use market research to develop strategies and grow new business
- Strong networking skills
- Impressive presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The drive to deliver growth targets set by the business.
To work partners, building effective relationships across the Merseyrail network that result in increased train journeys.
- Recruit local businesses to be part of Merseyrail’s Corporate Travel Scheme.
- Provide a high standard of account management to multiple corporate clients.
- Work with Abellio (one of Merseyrail’s parent companies) to encourage travel on the Merseyrail network through their Corporate Travel Scheme.
- Encourage corporate clients to develop marketing and communication campaigns targeted at employees who travel to work by bus or car and encourage them to travel by train.
- Work with Merseyrail’s Marketing Manager to ensure relevant marketing campaigns are shared with corporate contacts.
- Carry out market research to identify areas of opportunity for driving train journeys on the Merseyrail network.
- Identify innovate ways of encouraging people to travel by train, outside of traditional channels of marketing.
- Work with station managers and other key people across the business to identify local opportunities for encouraging travel by train.
- Develop effective relationships internally within Merseyrail and with new and existing partners.
- Deliver growth targets set by the business.
Experience, Specific Knowledge and Qualifications Required:
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience of building effective relationships.
- Impressive presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- The ability to use market research to develop strategies and grow new business.
- The capabilities to manage client databases and produce detailed sales reports.
General Knowledge/Understanding of:
- Businesses located near to the Merseyrail network.
- Networking opportunities across the Merseyrail network.
- Merseyrail’s ticket portfolio.
- Experience of delivering marketing or communication campaigns to target audiences would be beneficial, but is not essential.
A competitive salary, bonus structure and benefits package will be offered for this role.nSuccessful candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment and attend an interview.
To apply click the link below