Business Advisor - Digital Creative and Technology Sector Advisor
The Business Growth Hub is at the heart of Greater Manchester's strategy for determining and delivering business growth services. We are part of the Manchester Growth Company and we work with ambitious businesses that want to grow their bottom line, boost their profile, and create new business growth.
Our key aim is to help people think differently about their business and explore different ways of developing their company. We are looking to appoint a Business Advisor (Dimension 2) Digital, Creative and Technology advisor; as part of a wider plan to expand our Digital, Creative and Tech business support offer. This role sites within a wider sector support portfolio and the successful individual will be directly engaging and supporting businesses sited in Greater Manchester, operating within the Creative, Digital and Technology Sectors, with a wide variety of sector focussed business growth skills and expertise. Here, we are seeking a motivated professional across a range of experience levels to develop and expand our DCT service.
Required skills and knowledge include:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, able to explain complex / technical information to business clients at senior level and influence others to take action
- Able to develop effective, professional and productive working relationships to demonstrate credibility to business and stakeholders
- Practical understanding of the current and emerging DCT sectors and their markets including the drivers and barriers to growth across DCT sectors
- Practical understanding of the current landscape of publicly-funded business support
- Understanding of customer focused approach of working with businesses to foster engagement and encourage commitment to working towards economic development
Business Growth Hub is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all job applicants and members of staff. We encourage applications from individuals with a disability.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below.
As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application. Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be sent by e-mail so we advise that you check your inbox and Spam folder regularly.
The Growth Company (GC) is committed to providing equal opportunity for all of our colleagues and customers. Here at GC, we value and respect their diversity. All our people are recruited based on their skills, relevant qualifications and experience - regardless of their gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age or nationality. The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location.