Glasgows is one of the UK’s leading event, digital and video agencies and with 30 years’ experience we have established an enviable reputation in the live events industry.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Bid Manager to join our team and manage our tender processes. You will work with each of our departments to coordinate internal teams contributing to the tender responses, and develop relationships with existing and new clients across the Public Sector. The role will also include support in the generation and delivery of specific marketing materials and social media activity.
The ideal candidate will preferably be working in the events and hospitality sector, but what we are really looking for is someone with the right skillset who is looking for their next challenge. You should have a true eye for detail, a standout creative writing style, be able to independently manage your own time and work in a way that supports the wider Glasgows team.
Working to the Directors, you will be responsible for completing pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs) and coordinating and contributing to Invitation to Tender (ITTs) responses from the Public Sector via existing frameworks, whilst identifying new opportunities throughthe monitoring of relevant procurement portals. The role works alongside the company’s BDM who focuses separately on Private Sector opportunities.
- To manage and contribute to our public sector tender process including expressions of Interests, PQQs and approved supplier questionnaires and tender documents
- To attend pitches with the wider Glasgows team when required
- Engage with previous and new clients to generate repeat business
- Manage and contribute to marketing activities.
You will have a track record within bid and tender management, ideally within the events sector, but other affiliated industries will be considered. A range of academic disciplines may be appropriate such as Business, Marketing, Journalism, English and the wider humanities.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years within bid and tender management
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised, self-motivated and disciplined with experience of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Having a good understanding of the creative process and production of a tender document and pitch is preferred
- Ideally have relevant commercial and operational experience in the events industry - preferably within an events production or event technology or AV company
The position carries an excellent package including salary circa £30-£35K depending on experience with a contributory pension scheme, as well as non-contractual profit related bonus together with other benefits such as healthcare insurance which are activated following a period of employment.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter detailing why Glasgows should consider you, please include details pertaining to the skills/experience requirements listed, your CV, the names of two referees from your present/previous employment and your current salary details to email@example.com
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. References will only be sought with your permission.
Glasgows is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all job applicants and employees equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status, disability, or offending background.
Please note that we can only consider applications for those legally entitled to work in the UK.
Glasgows has a detailed Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work Policy that must be upheld by its employees and casual workers. If you are appointed, you will be required to accept these provisions on appointment.