My client is a public sector organisation, based near Preston, who is on the lookout for a Communications Officer/Manager to join their team for a 3 to 6 month contract.
What will you be doing?
• Developing high quality communications strategies and plans, utilising all appropriate channels and digital tools.
• Drive forward the proactive and reactive communication agenda supporting the implementation of the organisation’s Digital Strategy.
• Advise the Leader, Cabinet, Chief Executive Officer and Leadership Team on digital media and communications strategy and planning.
• Network with online media, publishers platforms and key stakeholders to anticipate and manage key issues
You’ll need experience of the following:
• Delivering communications in a public or private sector organisation of comparable scale and complexity.
• A track record of delivering projects in line with ambitious corporate plans and targets.
• Experience of contributing to organisational transformation programmes, corporate strategy and plans.
• Experience of working with stakeholders on communication channels and platforms.
• Awareness of local government governance and the role of Elected Members in the decision-making process.
• Leading marketing campaigns and managing content across all channels including print and digital.
Other skills and attributes include:
• Enabling openness between multiple internal and external stakeholders, actively builds and maintains effective network and identifies opportunities for building mutually supported partnerships.
• Facilitating collaboration by creating multi-disciplinary teams to address key issues and priorities.
• Able to systematically and methodically identify and addresses areas/ opportunities for development and capability.
• Are able to identify issues from multiple perspectives in order to influence through identifying win-win opportunities.
• Can garner key information from a wide range of sources and will use this to inform their strategic thinking.
• Is able to take responsibility for key decisions and not only takes accountability but will make them in a timely way.
• Open to innovation but is conceptually agile enough to weigh up the pros and cons of competing viable options.
• Clearly set out expectations and manages performance with fairness and transparency.
• A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification would be a bonus as would any journalism experience and naturally significant practical communications experience.
So what can they offer you?
• A can-do, customer orientated and outcome focused approach to doing business.
• Freedom. You will be empowered to think, innovate and deliver.
• A ‘One Team’ culture where everyone is working collaboratively to deliver on our promises.
• A constantly changing environment; in a good way! You’ll never get bored!
For more information about this role and/or to register with Black Cherry Recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or call 0161 228 7239.