Are you commercially minded AND creative, can you build the link or bridge the two? Are you able to spot an opportunity to solve a client problem or challenge creatively, and use your commercial skills to grow clients and budgets for success?
If the answer is yes then you may just be the B2B account director we're looking for.
We’re a dedicated B2B marketing agency. We deliver brilliant PR for clients, whether that’s content strategy and development, social media, earned media, influencer relations or good old digital communication programmes. While our clients sit across a variety of industries, one thing connects them all: a need to build brilliant relationships in the B2B sector. That’s where we come in.
We are looking for an account director to manage and oversee a PR team to ensure that campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and objectives/targets/KPIs are met. They will direct and lead PR programmes, utilising all communication channels, from earned and paid media, through to web, social, digital and direct.
And we need someone who is able to adapt and re-direct these as required – either by adjusting client objectives, deliverables or activity or with the introduction of a new service partner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Senior contact for client accounts
- Managing client servicing. Achieving exceptional outcomes for current clients and managing an extended portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy
- Overseeing PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Responsibility for client teams achieving targets
- Analysing PR outcomes and interpreting data
- Delegating to and managing a PR team
- Nurturing talent, providing career counsel, professional development, monitoring and developing performance reviews and appraisals. Identifying training needs
- Winning new business and developing current client accounts. Taking ownership of developing new business proposals and delivery.
- Contributing to the overall business
- Developing a wide network and nurturing key contacts
- Championing the agency values and brand
Key skills include:
- Client management skills and the ability to develop relationships to become a trusted advisor
- Commercial insights and an understanding how what we do fits with broader company finances and resources
- Leadership and management skills
- Talent development expertise
- Experienced at winning new clients and pitching for business, including taking and understanding a brief, developing proposals and attending pitch meetings.
- Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople
- Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences
- Media strategy and understanding. Expertise at targeting a range of media and the ability to adapt approach where necessary
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to analyse complex data and interpret it for a range of audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills
- Solid B2B experience – working with clients across tech, HR, hospitality, public, legal, construction and build, marketing, retail and manufacturing sectors
- Solid PR experience – planning, execution and measurement
- Solid digital (SEO, link building) and social media experience – planning, execution and measurement
- Solid content experience – planning, execution and measurement
Benefits we offer you
- Salary £40,000 - £55,000 a year
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of salary based on individual and company performance
- £1000 training budget per employee
- Health benefits – enhanced sick pay, opt in Denplan dental insurance
- 25 days holiday allowance plus a day off for your birthday
- Reward platform – bonus points awarded for great work and teamwork
- Team social events – Skout breakfasts, team lunches, summer & Christmas events, annual off sites
- 4.30pm finish on a Friday
- Face to Face hybrid working approach which we can make work for the right person
- Flexible working that treats you like a grown up to manage your own time
Please visit our website to learn more about Skout, the other vacancies we currently have and what life is like as a member of our team.