Ecommerce Account Manager
Fluid Commerce is an award-winning ecommerce agency and as part of our continued growth, we are looking for an ecommerce account manager to join our development client services team.
Crowned northern ecommerce agency of the year two years in a row, Fluid offers brands an unrivalled service in driving high-growth for online retailers to strategically upscale their business.
With more than 10 years of ecommerce experience, we harness our know-how to provide advanced ecommerce consultancy, innovative solutions, straightforward advice and exceptional results.
Are you excited by the thought of working closely with online retailers, sharing your knowledge and experience with them and combining it with their targets to create forward-thinking development roadmaps?
We are looking for someone who is proactive and well organised, someone who is full of ideas, innovative and takes a genuine interest in identifying the right solution for a client-specific problem or target. You must also be a great communicator, someone who can make a complex problem sound simple, but most of all you must be someone who puts the client first and enjoys making clients happy.
This person will be working closely with other account managers, the support manager and the development team. You will also work with our performance marketing team on full-service clients and cross-sell services where possible.
You will be involved in daily standup calls with the development team to ensure your client work is on track and identify any risks. Working with the support manager you will be aware of any problems or maintenance needed with your client’s sites and will act as a point of escalation for any urgent or hard to solve problems. You will work with other account managers to share ideas and ensure resources are managed efficiently.
You will stay in touch with your clients regularly to keep them updated on progress and discuss any upcoming plans but also gather requirements for development changes. You will work with our industry partners to discover new technology which will help your clients gain an advantage over their competition.
Who will suit this role?
This role suits someone who is an existing ecommerce manager, account manager or project manager and has worked for an online retailer or in an agency environment before. Someone who wants a clear progression path within an ecommerce agency and wants to work with a variety of online retailers and help them grow their business.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Proactively identify ecommerce growth opportunities for your clients and implement these into a development roadmap
- Gather detailed requirements for project/task and translate these into a functional specification
- Work with support, project and account managers to balance developer workloads
- Identify opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell Fluid Commerce services
- Provide regular business reporting and insights to clients
- Act as the escalation point for stubborn or urgent queries
- Introduce new products and services to new and existing clients
- Negotiate business renewals and contract requirements
- Facilitate regular clients calls and/or face to face meetings
- Support new business pitches and processes
- Monitor and report on the commercial viability of clients
- Ensure the delivery of monthly retainer reports
- Keeping client’s up-to-date on ticket progress
- Identify any inefficient internal processes and provide input on how to improve them
- UK based only
- 3 years of minimum digital account, project or ecommerce management experience
- Experience with Magento or similar ecommerce platforms
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and face-to-face as well as the ability to communicate technical problems to non-technical people
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own workload as well as the workload of others
- Self-motivation and commercial acumen
- An understanding of paid marketing and Google Suite (Analytics, GTM etc.)
- Experience with Jira or similar project management software (Trello, MS Project etc.)
- UK Drivers Licence for travelling to clients, events and meetings
- Based in the north-west of England or within commutable distance
- Remote or hybrid role with flexible working options
- Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of employment
- Salary sacrifice scheme to buy additional annual leave
- Early-finish Fridays
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme offering 24/7 confidential counselling and support
- Personal development plan with a continuous training budget
- Professional financial and legal advice
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual bonus and annual performance-related pay review
- Birthday, Employee of the Month, and Length of Service rewards
- Charity fundraising activities
- Discounts on select supermarkets, retailers, restaurants and cinemas
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to state-of-the-art technology and platforms
- Fun & friendly working environment with staff breakout areas
- Regular industry events, conferences and exhibitions
- Regular experience days, nights out and award ceremonies
- Company-contributed pension scheme
If this sounds like you, please get in touch as we’d love to work with you.