We are looking to recruit a Communications Officer to join our hospice team. This is a new role and a great opportunity for the post holder to make it their own.
- You will be the main point of contact for all communications, providing advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels. You should be confident and able to develop effective relationships at all levels with excellent communication skills.
- You will help to maximise communications and marketing opportunities internally and externally, helping to build the profile, awareness and understanding of Wakefield Hospice’s work with all key audiences.
- You will manage and oversee the charity’s digital marketing activity and online presence, and develop innovative content across the Wakefield Hospice website, social networks and wider digital marketing channels.
We offer excellent benefits including 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension and sick pay, free parking, subsidised meals, training and wellbeing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the Brand Guidelines to create and approve materials such as posters, leaflets, newsletters and literature by writing copy, proofreading and editing.
- Organise and plan the production of marketing materials by working closely with hospice colleagues, printers, sponsors and other parties.
- Assist in the distribution of printed and digital materials.
- Deliver the marketing and communications plans.
- Have an awareness of recent developments and trends in the industry and make suggestions on new ideas or innovations.
- Participate in creative discussions about new content and offer ideas.
- Film and edit short videos for use on social media, the website and in presentations.
- Create and edit content in a range of mediums (e.g. posters, leaflets and presentations).
- Use a range of digital software packages to create and edit content.
- Handle a range of digital media, process photographs, upload videos etc.
- Assist in the development of an internal digital media library and ensure content is kept up to date.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to increase opportunities to capture stories and case studies.
- Work with departments across the hospice to identify interviewees and story opportunities.
- Arrange and conduct interviews with service users, supporters, partners and the general public to gather content for stories.
- Translate people’s stories into high quality effective content.
- Organise and plan content for different mediums such as; articles, press releases, social media, film, audio and visual advertising.
- Work alongside our PR agency to develop the way we use stories to share our key messages.
Press and media
- Write and distribute press releases and articles on a range of topics and for different audiences.
- Work closely with other departments and our PR agency to identify powerful and interesting stories which will help to communicate key messages.
- Arrange interviews with press and radio to help raise the profile of the work of Wakefield Hospice.
Digital Media & Website
- Play an active role in creating and updating content on the hospice website.
- Play an active role in the creation of content for all social media platforms.
- Support colleagues to keep all social media platforms up to date.
- Create and distribute regular e-newsletters to supporters.
- Attend events as necessary in order to capture stories which highlight our work and the range of services available at the hospice, reach out to new audiences and inspire our community to support the hospice.
- Contribute toward the development and production of content to promote fundraising events and campaigns.
- Attend any events/ initiatives as directed in order to represent the hospice and provide any communication assistance such as live social media content.
- Undertake any necessary training for professional and personal development.
- Participate in all mandatory training & the annual appraisal process.
- Ensure the objectives of the hospice strategy are achieved: regularly communicating and evaluating special areas of responsibility.
- Implement the marketing and comms strategy & objectives within the context of the organisational strategy, culture & values.
- Prepare activity reports on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an awareness of the overall activities of the hospice.
- The hospice expects staff to demonstrate a commitment to their own development, taking advantage of education and training opportunities.
- Ensure the health and safety of all fundraising employees and volunteers and safe handling of all equipment and resources.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the hospice’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Any other duties which may, from time to time, be required in the interest of the hospice.
To apply, please visit our, website or click the link below. For further details about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01924 331400 to speak to Keeley Harrison or Helen Knowles.
Requests for limited working from home in this role will be considered.