Jaywing is a people-first agency and the person we are looking for must have a passion for people, know how to adapt their approaches for different people and always approach every situation with empathy.
We’re looking for people who are excited by digital, who relish the challenge that SEO presents, who aren’t afraid of trying something new and different and who have a track record of inspiring everyone around them to be better.
You’ll be adept at guiding members of the team and inspire confidence in the clients and team who work with you on a day-to-day basis.
As an SEO Manager, you’ll lead on client strategies supported by an analyst member of the team. Your line report will work with you across clients, while you support their training and development.
As an SEO Manager in our team, you will lead on a number of key clients and consistently work to understand your client’s search environment and what needs to be done to achieve success within organic search.
You’ll review each area of search engine performance through technical, content creativity, off-site, & amplification to consistently drive growth for our clients and the agency. You’ll plan out quarterly and annual objectives for clients based on their business challenges, clearly communicating how they can achieve their objectives in line with budgets.
Additionally, the role will require you to support in developing and enhancing integration across the whole Performance department in partnership with the Organic Media Director and members of the department. This includes supporting the senior team in enhancing our products and services in line with the agency’s strategic vision.
As an SEO manager, you will also be involved in supporting sales opportunities for Performance clients, as well as working with multi-channel and data science teams to create full-service proposals.
This role would suit someone with solid experience in a dynamic agency role or a particularly exciting client-side role.
- Build client SEO strategies, incorporating both on-site and earned media actions, with the ability to recommend alternative / additional channels where required
- Analyse and report on the impact of SEO strategies, including tying specific tactics back to performance changes, through monthly reports and strategy evolutions
- Present results to clients in monthly, all-agency, and board meetings, winning confidence and developing long term relationships
- Developing an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses and place within the search landscape
- Integrate all client strategies with the PR team to drive consistent strategic outcomes for all Earned Media activity
- Manage budgets for key clients and create monthly/quarterly activity plans, in addition to resource planning within your client teams
- Delivering and enhancing training and process development
- Aid with the continued development of the Jaywing Organic Media offering including tools, product expansion and integration across digital channels
- In-depth knowledge of search marketing - technical, optimisation, creative content, off-site and Earned Media
- Strategic thinking at all times, building integration into all approaches and strategies
- Strong strategy & project management experience
- Experience in line management of junior team members, including PDP planning and execution
- Commercial awareness - budgeting, resource planning and financial reconciliation of clients
- Data gathering and analysis - pulling insight from data to power our recommendations
- A willingness to experiment, learn, refine, and adapt received wisdom to support the development of market leading processes and product
- Strong presentation skills - storytelling, insight vs. data, and presentation delivery
- Experience in Sales processes, including building and pitching in line with the client brief, whilst ensuring our approach is integrated with the wider channels