Full Stack Developer
Hello. We’re looking for a software developer ready to make the next step in their career.
You’ll have a couple of years experience in both front and back-end development, with hands-on experience of using modern development frameworks to build web applications and APIs.
Join our talented team
As part of our dev team, you’ll help us design, develop and implement cutting-edge applications and websites, develop your skills to hone performance and responsiveness of applications, and write clean, testable code. You’ll work on projects from conception through to final deployment (and beyond!), and work with industry-leading design, SEO, PPC and content folks to cover all aspects of modern product development.
As part of your role, you will
- Develop back-end website applications and APIs.
- Develop front end website applications.
- Work with senior dev team to define architecture and structure for front and back-end components.
- Mobile first approach to ensure devices are first-class citizens for all apps.
- Experience of optimising applications and APIs.
- Work with graphic designers to understand UX and UI requirements.
- Work on all stages of a project from conception to finished product.
- Understand the internal, client and end-user needs for all projects.
You will have
- At least two years experience with PHP (we use Laravel for most projects).
- Understanding of database use and optimisation (we tend to use MySQL or PostGres).
- Understanding of common web development approaches (esp. MVP, REST).
- Experience with containerisation for development.
- Proficiency in using version control to manage development (we use Git/Bitbucket).
You may have
- Experience working with a unit testing framework.
- Proficiency with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby or Java.
- Experience in designing and implementing REST APIs for use in front-end apps.
- Hands-on experience of devops practise into deployment (Docker, AWS, Laravel Forge and Vapor).
- Interest in the latest news in the field, and involvement with local user groups.
In return for being charismatic, hungry for career development and for having the right skills to be a part of our team, you will be given the responsibility to make a real difference to your clients, our agency offering as well as your own career development.
Big Brand Ideas is an integrated marketing agency focused on creating engaging, immersive and highly creative experiences for brands. We are a collaboration of some of the top names from network and bespoke agencies, brought together to deliver a boutique experience and service to clients.
Unique in our approach and our desire to do things differently, we build client teams that combine the best of abilities in design, dev, tech, content, engagement, and performance. Our belief in our approach ensures we produce brilliant results for clients.
If you have the daily drive and determination to make a real difference, please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org