Hello, thank you for your interest in this role! I’m Alexandra and I lead Prolific North, an independently owned publishing and events company based in Manchester.
I am looking for an experienced marketer to join our team on a full time basis. If you have a passion for all things media, you are creative, hard-working, independent and ambitious, please read on.
About Prolific North
Prolific North is an independently owned publishing and events company based in Manchester. Our mission is to celebrate, connect and inform the North’s creative and digital sectors. Our events portfolio includes acclaimed awards ceremonies, expos and other industry events that provide a unique way for readers and partners to network and engage.
This role is hugely important in helping the team grow, as you will be supporting us with all marketing activities, raising the profile of Prolific North with our target audiences and delivering key aims for our existing projects.
What does the role look like on a daily basis?
- Work with our sales, editorial and operations teams to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns across our portfolio of events, with a particular focus on Digital City Festival - our biggest and most exciting event yet!
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate ideas for content and produce content. Whilst some of these responsibilities are shared with others in the editorial and marketing teams, the content you will be producing includes key positioning copy, email, websites, brochures, event pages, blogs, social media, press releases, scripts and videos.
- Conduct research into industry trends, potential media partners, and competitors.
- Develop our email strategy, building and scheduling emails across the projects you’ll be working on.
- Report on your progress, KPIs and observations to the Managing Director or within project teams as needed.
This is a role with lots of scope for progression. You will have the opportunity to make this job your own, feed into the wider business strategy and eventually join our leadership team. This is a key hire for Prolific North at a really exciting time in our journey as we’ll soon be celebrating our 10th year in business!
One thing’s for sure, you’ll never be short of something to do, fix, progress, or create.
What are we looking for?
- At least three years of experience creating and delivering integrated marketing campaigns - experience in working on large events or expos is a bonus!
- You’re knowledgeable about the digital, tech and marketing sectors in the UK (desirable, but not essential).
- You can demonstrate a clear understanding of the fundamentals of B2B marketing; you have an awareness of industry trends and take an active interest in the latest marketing campaigns.
Your skills and competencies:
- Strategic thinking and ability to work collaboratively to solve problems together, deliver on multiple projects and bring our value proposition to life.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you’re confident speaking to external stakeholders on the phone, pitching ideas in meetings, giving your colleagues constructive feedback, and can manage customer expectations effectively.
- You’re organised, process-driven, comfortable with change and able to keep calm under pressure (a lot of your work will be on events, which often involves last minute changes and the need to be flexible).
- You’re super comfortable with digital work (you’ll learn how to use several events management platforms and websites).
- You can multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superb copywriting skills with an ability to adapt to different tones of voice is a bonus.
- An understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop (desirable, but not essential).
- Experience in running paid campaigns via Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and/or YouTube (desirable, but not essential).
- You have a can-do attitude; you are excited to take the initiative and run with it.
- You’re ambitious to progress and are someone who takes lots of ownership and responsibility over what you do.
- You pay attention to details, hold yourself to a high standard and take pride in producing high-quality, thoughtful work.
- You are conscientious working on your own, as well as part of a team, to create and deliver the best possible outcomes.
- You are organised, adaptable and can juggle several priorities at once.
What's in it for you?
Our team is constantly evolving as we grow, offering opportunities for everyone to develop as we do. Your usual working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week), but may vary based on event delivery. We offer flexible, remote working. We get together regularly on Mondays and Thursdays at our Northern Quarter office space - you’re free to work from wherever you like (including the office) the remaining three days of the week. However, during busy event periods, more days working at the office may be required. The role comes with 20 days' holiday, plus bank holidays and early end of year shutdown (approximately 2 weeks). The salary information is orientative and depends on your experience.
How to apply
Please get in touch with Alexandra on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile and an overview of what makes you the right person for this role. We welcome applications from everyone and are keen to build a diverse and truly inclusive team.
Deadline to apply: Midnight, Friday January 21st. Applications may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found ahead of the deadline. Start date: ASAP