Hello, thank you for your interest in this role! I’m Alexandra and I lead Operations for Prolific North, an independently owned publishing and events company based in Manchester.
Our events portfolio includes acclaimed award ceremonies, expos and other industry events that provide a unique way for readers and partners to network and engage. Last year our biggest ever event, Digital City Festival, brought thousands of professionals to Manchester Central for a week-long series of events. And despite the trials of Covid-19, we have continued to innovate this year, with several virtual events, including a two-week festival broadcast from MediaCityUK.
We are now looking for a full-time Event Coordinator to assist in the delivery of the complete life cycle of our events portfolio, with a focus on Digital City Festival and our Awards programme: Prolific North Awards, Prolific North Marketing Awards and Tech Awards. You will be working closely with the Event Manager as well as our trusted suppliers and partners to ensure deliverables are met to an efficient and high standard.
- Work alongside Sarah, our Event manager, to plan and deliver events, including budget management, reporting and continually improving the success of our events.
- Management of internal project teams, such as marketing, sales, and/or editorial to deliver objectives.
- Being the main point of contact for exhibitors and sponsors, liaising with them to provide excellent customer service and help to plan and execute their exhibition stands.
- Liaising with suppliers such as AV, exhibition stand providers, and venues to deliver a safe event on time and following a schedule.
- Being the main point of contact for customers who have booked to attend Prolific North events and ensure they have the relevant information to enjoy our events such as timings, coordinating dietary requirements etc.
- Leading on allocated event logistics; liaising with the marketing team and external suppliers on event design.
- Content management and systems admin including diary management and venue booking.
What we’re looking for
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do everything mentioned below, the most important thing is your attitude, interest in events and eagerness to learn new things. If you’re conscientious, proactive, and able to keep calm under pressure - we want to hear from you!
You’ll be a great fit for this role if…
- You’re ambitious to progress and are someone who takes lots of ownership and responsibility over what you do.
- You hold yourself to a high standard and take pride in producing high-quality, thoughtful work.
- You have experience as an Events Executive or Events Coordinator – especially in producing and delivering meeting events, award ceremonies, exhibitions & conferences.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of what goes into producing a large-scale industry B2B event.
- You’re confident speaking to external stakeholders on the phone, pitching ideas in meetings, giving your colleagues constructive feedback, and can manage customer expectations effectively.
- You’re knowledgeable about the digital, tech and marketing sectors in the UK (ideal, but not essential).
- You’re creative, full of ideas and excited to collaborate to solve problems together.
- You’re organised, process-driven, comfortable with change and able to keep calm under pressure.
- You’re super comfortable with digital work (you’ll need to learn how to use several events management platforms and websites).
- You can multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Please complete this typeform to apply. Please do not send CVs - we’ll only be reviewing applications via the form.
We welcome applications from everyone and are keen to build a diverse and truly inclusive team.
35 hours per week: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (may vary based on event delivery). Flexible location working - after your induction, you’ll spend Mondays and Thursdays in our Northern Quarter office space; you’re free to work from wherever you like (including the office) the remaining three days of the week. During busy event periods, more days working within the office may be required. Annual leave, 20 days, plus bank holidays and early end of year shutdown.
NO AGENCIES - thank you.