Junior PHP Developer
Hello. This role is a great opportunity for a developer to expand and improve their skills in a busy agency environment.
You’ll have at least a year of experience working with PHP, with either commercial experience or a portfolio of your own development work.
As part of our dev team, you’ll be working on updates and new features for existing websites and applications across a range of different technologies, and also working with the rest of the dev team to understand new projects as they are developed.
As part of your role, you will:
- Work on support and feature tickets across a range of sites and web applications.
- Use our deployment tools to push fixes and features through to testing and production servers.
- Work with graphic designers to understand UX and UI requirements.
- Understand the internal, client and end-user needs for all work.
You will have:
- An understanding of how to use PHP7.4+, including object-oriented coding, use of Composer and keeping code organised as a project grows.
- An understanding of database access and optimisation (we tend to use MySQL or PostGres).
- Some experience using a version control system (we use Git/Bitbucket).
You may have:
- Proficiency with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby or Java.
- Experience with containerisation for development.
- Hands-on experience in setting up a server to host a PHP application.
Big Brand Ideas is an integrated marketing agency focused on creating engaging, immersive and highly creative experiences for brands. We are a collaboration of some of the top names from network and bespoke agencies, brought together to deliver a boutique experience and service to clients.
Unique in our approach and our desire to do things differently, we build client teams that combine the best of abilities in design, dev, tech, content, engagement and performance. Our belief in our approach ensures we produce brilliant results for clients.
In return for being charismatic, hungry for career development and for having the right skills to be a part of our team, you will be given the responsibility to make a real difference to your clients, our agency offering as well as your own career development.
If you have the daily drive and determination to make a real difference, please upload your CV directly by clicking on the link below, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org