Head of Technology & Development
Bluetree Group operates through three Brands; Bluetree Maskbox, InstantPrint and Route1Print.co.uk. We retail our products to all sectors of the from small businesses to the largest High Street names.
The core purpose of this role is to oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of the technology systems within Bluetree Group. The role will report to the Managing Director of the Bluetree Group Print Division and will sit on the Print Division Board.
Technology has and will continue to be central to the development of Bluetree Group. On one side it enables us to deliver the best possible customer experience and on the other it allows us to have more efficient internal processes than our competitors. The role of the Head of Technology is to continue to drive Bluetree’s technology to deliver the best customer experience and internal process efficiency.
The role oversees two key teams, the development teams who report into four project managers and a Head of Web and Systems development and the operational teams comprising IT, Dev ops and DBA resource.
The business reviews its overarching strategy in quarterly offsite days and ongoing performance through monthly board meetings. On the offsite days the Head of Technology will present the proposed strategy for the coming quarters and OKRs will be agreed.
The Head of Technology will have to work closely with stakeholders in different departments, i.e. Head of instantprint or Head of Production to identify opportunities and define the technical solutions to realise the commercial win.
- Working with stakeholders to develop the long term technology strategy for the business
- Reporting departmental progress to the board at monthly board meetings and quarterly offsite days and presenting proposed quarterly objectives and key results.
- Overseeing the management of the web and systems development teams
- Overseeing the management of the operational tech teams including IT, Dev ops and DBAs.
- Working with stakeholders in the business to identify technical opportunities or solutions to improve and streamline processes for our customers
- Overseeing all development work within the business and working to ensure it meets stakeholder requirements
- Work with stake holders to set department budgets and manage expenditure against these.
Communication: This role requires an excellent communicator to ensure stake holder requirements across departments are well understood and the team are clear on objectives and outcomes of the work. Creating clarity in the often complex world of technologies is a key skill for this role.
People Management: The candidate will need to have a proven track record of successfully managing developers and other technical roles to achieve commercial objectives. The candidate should be able to nurture talent and get the best out of a team.
Execution: The candidate will need a track record of managing the delivery of web, systems and technology projects across multiple teams with multiple stakeholders.
Commercial acumen: The candidate needs to be able to match tech strategy to the overarching business strategy which will require a strong understanding of business functions.
Technical knowledge: This role requires a good understanding of technologies available and current best practice with the ability to apply these to create practical solutions.
The benefits are:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Great office facilities and a state-of-the-art production environment
- Wide range of internal and external training available
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme (after 3 months)
- Free onsite parking
- Enhanced maternity/paternity packages
- Health Cash plan with various packages
- Long service benefits
- Critical illness and personal accident plans
- Company and department social events
Bluetree Group operates through three Brands; Bluetree Maskbox, InstantPrint and Route1Print.co.uk. We retail our products to all sectors of the from small businesses to the largest High Street names. Our combined office, production and training facilities are located in Wath Upon Deane which is located close to Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster. Our state-of-the-art 165,000 square foot facility is just a 15-minute drive from either the M1 or A1M and boasts ample free on-site parking. We’re also located on a major bus route which is just a few minutes away from the train stations of Mexborough, Swinton and Wombwell. Once you walk through our doors, you realise that people are central to all of our operations. It’s a place for curious and ambitious people at heart.
To apply, please email your CV with a brief cover letter to: Carl Westfield: email@example.com