Freelance Account Executive (Part-time)
Jory&Co is a design studio helping inspiring brands that have a positive social or environmental impact stand out and create meaningful change. We do this with highly effective and beautifully crafted design solutions across brand, print, and digital.
We’ve had a very busy and successful few months and we urgently need a freelance Account Executive to support the Account Director in the smooth running of all our projects and the management of our client relationships. (2-3 days per week, 3-month contract with the possibility to extend).
We’re almost ten years old and the business has evolved by being a boutique collective of creative freelance senior strategists, designers, writers, account directors, developers, consultants and specialists. We combine big agency thinking with small agency agility. The core team is built of a Creative Director, Account Director and four Senior Designers, and we then scale up and down depending on the client or project need.
We've been a remote agency for years. We know how to make things happen and create great work from home. We're also an international agency, with teams UK and New Zealand. This not only gives a global perspective but also allows us to be smart and responsive during the working week by playing to the time zones.
Whilst design, brand development or marketing experience is a plus, we are looking for someone who is a keen self-starter – this is an entirely remote role – and has an interest in design, marketing and advertising. We need someone who is both professional and confident in dealing with clients – verbally and in writing – and can also integrate themselves well into our small but hardworking team of experienced designers and brand specialists.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be
- Taking part in internal briefing and work planning meetings with other members of the agency
- Handling small projects and liaising with the client, Account Director, Creative Director and Designers to see the work through from start to completion (with support from your Account Director)
- Compiling a brief and ensuring all the information about a project is available for the creative team to work with
- Managing project timings whilst ensuring everyone is aware of deadlines
- Checking work thoroughly that comes from the studio prior to it going to a client (this is a key part of the role, and you will need to have a very keen eye for detail)
- Joining client meetings with your Account Director to discuss current projects or take new briefs
- Administrative support as and where required
As a small down-to-earth team, you’ll be collaborating with everyone. No hierarchies, no egos, just a bunch of passionate, talented, like-minded people doing our best for great clients that make a real difference.
- 1-2 years agency or client-side branding/marketing experience either as a permanent employee or freelance (we’ll also consider marketing masters or degree graduates looking to start to their first agency role)
- Confident dealing with clients
- Calm under pressure and when dealing with deadlines
- Very strong eye for detail and someone who is meticulous, thorough and organised in their approach to work
- Independent manager of workload and deadlines
- Ability to handle several projects at one time
- Good communicator and able to liaise with third-party suppliers
- Remote working with your own computer/laptop, etc
- Have a flexible approach to style of working and be a team player - this is a small team, and we all get involved in everything
- Dependent on experience
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you over Zoom. Please send your CV and expected day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the link below.
No recruiters, kindly.