Business Intelligence Executive. 12 Month FTC
We are looking for a motivated individual with a commercial mind and an eye for detail to join our talented Commercial team. The Business Intelligence Executive will support the Regional Strategy and Insight Manager with providing the commercial team with data-driven narrative and insight to help formulate client briefs and win business. The position is a 12 Month FTC.
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies & clients, offering the most creative and groundbreaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions.
Working with the Regional Strategy & Insight Manager across News Scotland, News Ireland, and the News UK regional teams you will provide insight, data, and strategic planning to help to protect existing revenue and to help to grow new cross-platform and revenue streams.
Day to day
- Informing and provide insight and data to the regional Commercial teams to help them to construct powerful arguments and presentations to win business
- Work closely with the regional Editorial and Marketing teams, providing information and insight to understand their audience and to help build a strategy to grow audiences.
- Help source new business by proactively providing reports and analysis which help identify new business opportunities Commercial teams should target their efforts on.
- Play a pivotal role in supporting the planning and delivery of strategic research projects across the English regions, Scotland and Ireland.
What we’re looking for from you
- Analytical skills with proven ability to interrogate data to inform decisions
- Research expertise with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
- A collaborative, team player approach.
- To be organised and structured in your approach to work.
- A self-starter.
- Systems knowledge
- A good working knowledge across a broad range of media, including Digital.
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking. We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.