Consumer PR Executive
AO is looking for a Consumer PR Executive to join its in-house communications team. Based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, with hybrid working, we are a leading electricals retailer and in Retail Week’s recent study with Glassdoor, have been voted as one of the top 20 retailers to work for in the UK.
Your role will be to support the External Communications Manager in activating and delivering the retail PR plans across AO.com, Mobile Phones Direct and AO stores. The role will be predominantly focused on the retail side of the business, but with opportunities to work across the wider group too.
We’re looking for somebody who is a news hound that has a passion for telling stories and delivering PR-driven results.
What’s will my responsibilities be?
- Support the External Communications Manager in executing the communications strategy with the explicit aim of securing coverage and increasing brand awareness for AO
- Support with the implementation of the sub business unit retail plans across AO.com, Mobile Phones Direct and AO stores
- Support the External Communications Manager with reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly performance against forecast and KPI’s)
- Implement and deliver the plans for manufacturer funded campaigns
- Managing daily proactive and reactive media relations with national & consumer press, developing and maintaining key relationships with the media alongside the wider team
- Proactively pitching and selling-in stories to the media by phone and email
- Being a newshound, monitoring the media including newspapers, magazines, broadcast and newswires on a daily basis for newsjacking opportunities to promote the business
- Researching, writing and distributing newsworthy press releases, features, thought leadership content and spokespeople quotes across several communications channels
- Coordinating with the non-retail PR and internal communications teams to make sure that every story we tell has the maximum impact across channel
- Coordinating press photography, events and press visits
- Developing a strong understanding of the retail media landscape and industry
- Developing strong internal relationships, particularly with the AO Retail team such as marketing, trade marketing and trading
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- Discount on products bought on AO.com
- Hybrid working