Inbound Marketing Manager
StatsBomb is seeking a marketing manager to lead its global inbound marketing activities.
Reporting into the CMO, you will be a key member of the marketing team and work closely with internal teams such as Sales and Product to design creative campaigns that will develop the StatsBomb brand and drive demand for our products and services. You will own the content and social media output for StatsBomb on a global level, as well as being responsible for driving PR led activity and brand campaigns.
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 400 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 600 games per week across 80 European and American leagues, with over 30 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
We're a football analytics SAAS business that is scaling rapidly. We sell data products as well as analysis tools to sports organisations, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We count many of the biggest names in football as customers, and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver insights to those customers, driving success on the field and in the media space, driving fan engagement.
- Play a lead role in helping StatsBomb hit its new customer acquisition goals
- Play a lead role in helping to publicise and promote the StatsBomb brand on a global level
- Manage organic and paid acquisition campaigns on digital channels, with a focus on SEO and SEM
- Build, manage and execute a content calendar that is designed to attract and influence a targeted audience and drive inbound demand
- Create ideas-led content campaigns designed to reinforce the StatsBomb brand positioning and drive demand for StatsBomb products and services
- Build out tests to prove out hypotheses and optimise campaign performance
- Take a data-led approach to managing campaigns and derive insights on strategy that can be used to improve performance
- Lead on the development and maintenance of the StatsBomb website, bringing in colleagues from other teams as appropriate
- Manage the StatsBomb social media presence, including management and development of the StatsBomb social media community
- Lead on creatively utilising social media to drive demand and develop the StatsBomb brand
- Ensure closed-loop analytics with sales and product teams to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns leads into customers, and continually look at ways to optimise this process
- At least 5 years working as a marketing manager in a B2b marketing environment, SaaS or subscription based experience preferred
- Experience of implementing marketing campaigns designed to drive inbound demand
- Experience of producing creative content-led campaigns across digital and social media
- Experience of implementing and reporting on paid social campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms
- Experience of working alongside Sales, Product and/or Customer Success teams to drive towards shared goals
- Experience of using a CRM system and Marketing Analytics software
- An understanding of inbound marketing strategies for B2b demand generation
- An understanding of SEO and Digital PR strategy and its use in driving inbound demand
- At least a degree level qualification in Marketing or a related subject
- Demonstrable experience of working with a multi-faceted marketing tech stack across lead generation, analysis and sales enablement
In return, we offer the following:
- Excellent career development opportunities
- A collaborative and diverse team environment
- The wellbeing of our team is of paramount importance and we offer remote and flexible working as well as wellbeing benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Team lunches
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive stock option package for all employees
Below are some testimonials from our colleagues...
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world. StatsBomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of. Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work. If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you!
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.