Product and Customer Marketing Manager
StatsBomb is seeking a marketing manager to define, develop and execute its global customer lifecycle marketing programmes.
Reporting into the CMO, you will be a key member of the marketing team and work closely with internal teams such as Sales and Product to drive marketing activity that helps StatsBomb hit its goals across trial conversion, customer retention, pipeline upsell and customer advocacy.
StatsBomb was founded in January 2017 to provide data, analytics and consultancy to football clubs, media and gambling companies. StatsBomb continually undertake new research and are well known in the analytics industry for providing unique insights into the game of football. We have developed our own proprietary industry leading data collection and analytics software with a user-friendly high-vis front end.
StatsBomb have grown from our initial team of 3 at the start of 2017 to over 400 employees based in the UK, US and Egypt and are continuing to grow and expand our operation. We currently process over 600 games per week across 80 European and American leagues, with over 30 million events every day and cover more than 80 leagues globally.
We're a football analytics SAAS business that is scaling rapidly. We sell data products as well as analysis tools to sports organisations, with a tech stack that includes computer vision, machine learning, stream processing, and web-based dataviz. We count many of the biggest names in football as customers, and your work will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver insights to those customers, driving success on the field and in the media space, driving fan engagement.
About The Role
This role will own the production and maintenance of marketing collateral across the whole product suite and liaise with the wider Product and Customer Success teams to ensure that the appropriate colleagues have access to up to date, impactful and engaging marketing materials.
You will also:
- Play a lead role in helping StatsBomb hit its trial conversion, customer retention and upsell goals
- Work with Customer Success teams to build and execute a comprehensive customer engagement and advocacy programme including customer stories, case studies and reference activities
- Map the customer lifecycle and develop campaign strategies and tactics to accelerate growth opportunities within our existing client base
- Create a gap analysis that allows you to develop customer interactions that provide value to potential and current customers
- Work with Customer Success and Product Teams to develop a customer communications strategy that educates customers about StatsBomb products and services and evangelises the StatsBomb brand
- Design and implement an Account Based Marketing (ABM) programme
- Partner with Customer Success to develop and optimise at-risk and save programmes for customers at risk of cancelling
- Own the design, development and production of marketing collateral for every product category to assist at all stages of the customer lifecycle, including presentations, videos, graphical assets and product landing page
- Work with the Events Manager to deliver customer specific events, either physically or digitally as appropriate
- Manage the marketing elements of the StatsBomb CRM, optimising it for campaign delivery
- Communicate regularly on campaign and programme performance to team leaders and the Executive Team
- At least 5 years working in a B2b marketing environment, SaaS or subscription based experience preferred
- Experience of implementing marketing campaigns designed to drive desired activity from an existing SaaS customer base
- Experience of producing marketing collateral for B2b products (preferably SaaS or subscription based) including presentations, videos and other types of sales enablement content
- Experience of working alongside clients to produce testimonials and case studies in various formats
- Experience of working alongside Sales, Product and/or Customer Success teams to drive towards shared goals
- Experience of using a CRM system and Email marketing software
- Skilled at using data to inform marketing decision making
- An understanding of SaaS marketing strategies and the importance of retention and upsell marketing in a B2b environment
- Experience of developing and delivering an ABM programme at a rapidly scaling company
- At least a degree level qualification in Marketing or a related subject
In return, we offer the following:
- Excellent career development opportunities
- A collaborative and diverse team environment
- The wellbeing of our team is of paramount importance and we offer remote and flexible working as well as wellbeing benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Team lunches
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive stock option package for all employees
Below are some testimonials from our colleagues...
“It is a class place to be and the people are phenomenal. I feel so lucky to spend everyday working with amazing technology, on fascinating projects, as part of the most entertaining industry in the world. StatsBomb is one of those places where the company’s focus is so exciting that you want to be a part of it...some projects are totally confidential and game changing in the industry which is thrilling to be part of. Everyday I work in collaboration with industry leaders and learn from experts pushing the boundaries of computer vision, data science and sporting analysis. I have worked in all environments from global investment banking to growing startups and the culture here is like nothing I've seen. We recruit from different cultures all around the world who feel like distant cousins - events like our conference are like a wedding party that brings everyone together!”
Chris, Senior Tech Engineer
“StatsBomb is such a fun and exciting company to work for. Working with, and learning from, diverse and intelligent colleagues in such a supportive and friendly atmosphere is amazing.”
Corinne, Project Manager
StatsBomb is an inspiring place to work. If you think you have the passion, drive and talent to join our exciting and fast paced team, we’d love to hear from you!
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.