PR Account Manager
We are looking for a PR star to join our Manchester team. We are a friendly, busy team, with BIG ambitions and we need a hungry, dynamic Account Manager who is energetic and creative, with an exceptional eye for detail and an appetite to get stuck into our strong portfolio of corporate and consumer clients.
No two days are the same, but to give you an idea of the sort of work you can expect to be involved with…
- Lead media relations activity and proactively seek out new opportunities. Attend
- Manage the client feedback process; working with junior staff to deliver accurate cuttings, analysis and reports, as required
- Deliver agreed PR/marketing goals with clients on a regular/monthly basis, – using skills, experience, contacts and imagination to achieve targeted results against objectives, and flagging up any potential issues that might occur
- Create opportunities for positive engagement with targeted audiences through a range of platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with third party suppliers and production staff and negotiate best rates on behalf of clients and control budgets.
- Seek out, maintain and build relationships with journalists/bloggers/influencers and other stakeholders to meet the client’s objectives
- Attend client meetings (usually but not always with an Account Director present) and structure creative marketing and PR plans to direct activity
- Work in an integrated way with the wider business, seeking out opportunities to introduce new services to clients.
We’re looking for someone with an enthusiastic, creative, hard-working and motivated mindset. Ideally, we’re looking for someone with solid experience in managing multiple client projects in-house or within an agency environment.
The successful candidate will be confident with media, identifying and pitching news and creative feature ideas. As well as this, they will have excellent people skills, able to apply these at networking events, in client meetings and with the wider BIG team.
The position requires someone with excellent verbal and written skills, with exacting standards and strong media relations skills. They should be comfortable juggling competing priorities and retaining a cool head under pressure.
We are a fast-paced agency, with a collaborative and supportive culture and an emphasis on helping every member of our team achieve their potential. We value boundless energy and commitment highly. If you’re the right person for this opportunity, you can count on:
- A brilliant holiday allowance, including a day off for your birthday, a day off for charity work of your choice and a half day for Christmas shopping
- Senior investment and time into your career development
- Coaching, training and mentoring programmes, with support for professional memberships and study
- Free fruit every day, free bar every Friday and free pizza every month (when we get back to the office)
- Company pension scheme and life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme / season ticket/parking permit loan
- Private medical cover
- Various social events throughout the year and a company-wide Christmas party
- An open, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best in the business
- The best colleagues you could hope for
But enough about us. How about you? Interested? Of course you are! Click apply now to tell us why you should be the newest member of our team…
We’re one of the UK’s largest and most successful marketing agencies, with 85 people helping clients, across offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and Manchester. We specialise in PR, digital, marketing and design, and have delivered results for businesses ranging from start-ups to some of the world’s biggest brands.
BIG Partnership is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.