PR Account Director
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Account Director to join our Manchester office on a full-time, permanent basis.
In this post you will be responsible for the service delivery for multiple consumer accounts, while providing strategic leadership to a multi-disciplinary communications team. You’ll also play an active role in office success, covering new business acquisition and optimising existing relationships from a strategic standpoint.
On a day-to day-basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Identifying and developing new business leads and actively contribute to sustained business growth, leading on large value tenders and new business pitches.
- Strategic leadership of a highly successful multi-disciplinary communications and engagement team.
- Delivering high value integrated accounts, continually seeking opportunities to upsell, introduce new services and demonstrate BIG’s creativity.
- Build excellent relationships with clients, manage their account on a continuing basis and ensure a comprehensive understanding of their business objectives in order to deliver a high level of support.
- Lead the team’s operational success and have the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that clients feel they are getting consistently excellent consultancy advice and value
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to apply strategic thinking to communications and engagement challenges. They will be able to cut through complex topics to develop effective and creative communications.
At BIG we know our team are our very biggest asset so we need someone who can manage, develop and inspire team members; creating and sustaining a high performance team. Strong interpersonal skills are an absolute must as we need a credible operator at a senior level who can project, listen and influence.
It’s no surprise that we need someone who can thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, who is energetic and creative, with an exceptional eye for detail and an appetite to get stuck into our strong portfolio of consumer clients.
All very important points, but we see those things as a given. We’re looking for someone who has something their peers don’t. That bit of magic that makes you an indispensable part of any team.
We are a fast-paced agency, with a collaborative and supportive culture and an emphasis on helping every member of our team achieve their potential. We value boundless energy and commitment highly. If you’re the right person for this opportunity, you can count on:
- A brilliant holiday allowance, including a day off for your birthday, a day off for charity work of your choice and a half day for Christmas shopping
- Coaching, training and mentoring programmes, with support for professional memberships and study
- Free fruit every day, free bar every Friday and free pizza every month (when we get back to the office)
- Company pension scheme and life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme / season ticket/parking permit loan
- Private medical cover
- Various social events throughout the year and a company-wide Christmas party
- An open, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best in the business
- The best colleagues you could hope for!
But enough about us. How about you? Interested? Of course you are! Click apply now to tell us why you should be the newest member of our team…
We’re one of the UK’s largest and most successful marketing agencies, with 85 people helping clients, across offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and Manchester. We specialise in PR, digital, marketing and design, and have delivered results for businesses ranging from start-ups to some of the world’s biggest brands.
BIG Partnership is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.